PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Here's a random work pet peeve...the "Reply To All" emailer. My company is infested with them. Some of our sales people, I swear, don't even read the original emails. They just hit that reply all button with their "Wow! I love it!" as fast as they can.

pipetraveler

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2014
People that pull out in front of me causing me to hit the brakes the slow and stop in front of me to make another turn.

pipetraveler

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2014
Just love the do gooders that cough from a distance even if I'm just holding my pipe. And don't forget the evilness on their mug as they scowl at you.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
@Ghost - the last Reply-All war we had reached 146 (yes, one hundred forty-six) reply-alls before the Exchange admins blocked the subject.
My team had a pool on how many it would reach; it was kind of fun.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Hardcore religious people who press their beliefs on others.
Hardcore non-religious people who press their beliefs on others.
Hardcore political party supporters, regardless of particular party.
Uneducated people trying to sound and convinced they are educated on ________________ topic.
Close-mindedness.
Cell phone auto correct.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
People who drive with their high beams on. I can't WAIT for daylight savings in a few days.

Coworkers that don't do what I asked them to do. or people who don't listen in general.

When people don't backstock correctly.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I dislike bike riders who ignore traffic lights and stop signs. I have yet to observe anyone getting hit by a car at the time of offense but perhaps that is what it will take to be on the news so that it will stop others.
Driving while using flashers is actually illegal. Flashers are to be used when your car is disabled.
I think people use them in fog because they are not aware of them being illegal. When the flashers are on they blink but if the brakes are applied the blinking stops and you only will have solid red. Perhaps drivers feel other drivers will notice the change from flashing to solid red lights.

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
1. Over enthusiastic people

2. People who bag dog poo, then throw the bag in a bush

3. People who let their rubbish blow round the street on bin day

4. Car alarms

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Hypocritical standards.

I bloody hate it.

Have gone as far as diabolical schemes to reward hypocrisy with much suffering.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
People who complain when I torch off the chainsaw at 0600 on a Sunday morning. Hey! You can sleep anytime! I got work to do!
Actually my neighbor complains that his wife hears me, elbows him awake and asks why he isn't up and out already? So its not really about the chainsaw.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Oh yeah, here's one more:

The fact that the concept of anti-trust seems to have been forgotten by our "regulators."
You don't suppose that has anything to do with the revolving door between the regulatory agencies and the corporate boardrooms do you?

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
You don't suppose that has anything to do with the revolving door between the regulatory agencies and the corporate boardrooms do you?
That and the fact that big corporate lobby groups get paid a ton of money and spread a ton of money around to get these deals done.
Whatever happened to the idea of healthy competition, and how that fosters innovation, technological advances and keeps costs to the consumers in check to some degree?
OH, and one more grammar pet peeve...
People who say or write "I should of..." instead of the proper, "I should have..."

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That and the fact that big corporate lobby groups get paid a ton of money and spread a ton of money around to get these deals done.
Very true. That used to be called bribery...another concept that’s been forgotten along with anti-trust.

Sep 22, 2012
After finding, identifying and condemning the most disgusting and loathsome faults in other personages, I hate to rediscover them, sometimes only in the form of inclinations, sometimes as long forgotten deeds, - within myself. This is my greatest pet peeve so far.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Not being able to smoke if I was on a jury of 12 and 11 were no-smokers. Especially if it lasted weeks or months. I shudder at the thought.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Actually I do have a pet peeve. She is beautiful, with raven hair; she does my bidding, is totally loyal and would kill for me. But if only she were human, the bitch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.