PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
There are lots of pipe makers that I could list as favourites even though I don't own any of their pipes because they are too damn expensive. Dunhill, Castello and Ardor come to mind. For me the best bang for the buck are Stanwells and Petersons. Savinelli also comes to mind in the best bang for your buck category, but I find them to be inconsistent and problematic.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
I own 2 Dunhill pipes. Both were gifts. I personally don't like how they smoke compared to other pipes I own (Armellini's, Ben Wade, Nording). So price point isn't what I mean when I asked this. I have a few pipes that cost me several hundred dollars. They smoke not as well or at least as well as some of the Peterson pipes I spent less than $100 on. Price doesn't make a good pipe. How it smoke does.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
My favortes are Jan P and Son, Castello, Caminetto, Peterson, and Willmers. All of which I have a bunch of. But there are many more brands that I also like.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I'm big on Kaywoodie. Don't really have any other name brand pipes, really. I've been thinking about jumping in on a Peterson next time my PAD gets the better of me.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
First it was Peterson, then I discovered Stanwell. I hope they keep the quality after the move to Italy, but I don't have high hopes.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
While the taste of the smoke is most important, I found myself favoring my GBD's primarily because their stems are so comfortable in my mouth. My only Peterson bulldog, a fishtail, is thisclose behind them.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I know these are different as night and day, but mine would have to be:

Claudio Cavcchi, Giuseppe Ascorti (includes Caminetto), Erik Nording, and Bjarne Nielsen.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Peterson

Willmer

Celius

Of all the Peterson's I've owned, I've only had one that I considered a bad smoker. It was an Irish Seconds oom Paul. I have yet to have a bad smoking Celius or Willmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.