PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Foggy, those are beauties, every one. I really like your square panels. Very classy.
Since we're sharing, here are my Dunhills:
Dunhill 1962 Shell Briar (my birth year):
dunhill62-1.jpg

I think Foggy is well familiar with this beauty! A Dunhill Shell Briar Bing no.2 For those who don't know it, Foggy generously GAVE this pipe to me. Unbelievable. And I am forever grateful to him.
dunhill1.jpg

Dunhill 835 ODB Sandblasted Billiard 2001:
dunhill-600x456.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
Numbersix: thanks mon ami. If I might suggest, try a smooth Dunhill for your next one, the taste is different. Bruyeres are the best overall, Root Briar or Amber Root are also excellent if they are very much smoked. The Chestnut finish is very good on billiards and Crosbys, not as good on the bulkier pipes with more briar. I have been trying to figure out why and have concluded that more wood holds more stain inside the briar root itself, making the stain taste stronger. On the no. 6 panels the taste is sweet, which is not really what I want but a strong mixture covers it.

Still stalling, will have to stretch a 48x68 canvas today. You know the paintings above the bar in most Western films? It is always a horizontal nude. It has long been my intent to do one of those. I have a model for 8 weeks this summer and a 6 foot leather sofa. It will be lifesize.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Bruyeres are the best overall, Root Briar or Amber Root are also excellent if they are very much smoked. The Chestnut finish is very good on billiards and Crosbys, not as good on the bulkier pipes with more briar. I have been trying to figure out why and have concluded that more wood holds more stain inside the briar root itself, making the stain taste stronger. On the no. 6 panels the taste is sweet, which is not really what I want but a strong mixture covers it.
That's surprising - esp the no. 6 panels being sweeter.
Still stalling, will have to stretch a 48x68 canvas today. You know the paintings above the bar in most Western films? It is always a horizontal nude. It has long been my intent to do one of those. I have a model for 8 weeks this summer and a 6 foot leather sofa. It will be lifesize.
That sounds very interesting - classic too (hope you'll share it with me when it's completed). Good luck with the stretching! :puffy:

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I'm with Six, I never get tired of that picture of panels. Wonderful collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.