PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Apparentlty I never posted a review of this blend. I find when looking back over my posts, I have raved about it almost every time. Tried it again tonight after not sampling it since last winter. Damn! Yes I still love this blend, and it was love at first puff! I also see, in reviewing my posts that it has worked its wonders without fail in my little Blatter & Blatter Churchwarden. Living where I do, Peretti is one of the few upstanding, decent, all-American, freedom-respecting vendors (BOO YAH!) that will mail to me--so I do have that bias! ;-) Notwithstanding this valid and precious bias, their tobaccos are fantastic no matter where you live! And POLL is one you should try if you like Scottish / English blends. Hallelujah I say! I came across it by chance, or perchance via affinity: my wife grew up in Scotland, not too far from the infamous Loch which I have visited and driven past oh so many times over many years. When I saw the name, I had to try. Now it is the deepest holding in my cellar.
"Alba gu bràth!"

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Apparentlty I never posted a review of this blend. I find when looking back over my posts, I have raved about it almost every time. Tried it again tonight after not sampling it since last winter. Damn! Yes I still love this blend, and it was love at first puff! I also see, in reviewing my posts that it has worked its wonders without fail in my little Blatter & Blatter Churchwarden. Living where I do, Peretti is one of the few upstanding, decent, all-American, freedom-respecting vendors (BOO YAH!) that will mail to me--so I do have that bias! ;-) Notwithstanding this valid and precious bias, their tobaccos are fantastic no matter where you live! And POLL is one you should try if you like Scottish / English blends. Hallelujah I say! I came across it by chance, or perchance via affinity: my wife grew up in Scotland, not too far from the infamous Loch which I have visited and driven past oh so many times over many years. When I saw the name, I had to try. Now it is the deepest holding in my cellar.
"Alba gu bràth!"
POLL is on my short list. Next LJP order I'm probably going to load up on 333 or BPC (or both lol)and add some POLL, Smiths Own, and St James Mixture to the order.

• Love
Reactions: Scottmi

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I liked this in the past, although my favorite from them was Omega. I should revisit these. There is something very "old fashioned" about their blends that I can't quite put my finger on. Some distinctive note across their latakia blends.