PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'm in the 'I like it a lot camp.'

I'm' also in the, Acadian Perique, Stonehaven and Peterson Perfect Plug, 'I like it a lot camp'. I also like Cheeseburgers and french fries and gravy camp, not to mention 'the I like it a lot' 15 year old, Glenfidich camp. My suggestion would be to see if you can get a sample of it and judge for yourself. I don't mind paying more for the things I enjoy that are in my, 'I like it a lot camp'. Your palette will tell you. Read reviews by people who have an objective approach to reviewing and have been doing it for a long, long time. But above all enjoy your smoking experience and happy puffing! :)

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
My advice, for what little it's worth... don't waste your time and energy chasing it. If you stumble on it, great. Otherwise, there are hundreds, upon hundreds of other blends out there.
Amazing that being in the middle of what amounts to the golden age of tobacco, IMO, that people will obsess so much over one blend.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Blend Z costs $ 10 per ounce. Blend Y costs $2.50 per ounce, and you like it 98% as much as Z, and you can always find it at uninflated prices.
The infamous price/performance ratio.
You can usually find something 80% as good for 40% of the price.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, but I'm talking 98% as good at 25% of the price! The grail for me is to find 102% better than the very pricey tobacco at a fraction of the price— and the 25% is one such fraction that is quite acceptable to me!

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I'm extremely excited to pick up my two 8oz bags that are on hold at my local pipe shop on Wednesday, and finally see what all this hype is about. I was debating and finally decided that since I'm grateful to have finally found some, that I was going to list the second bag for sale to a member on the board who has yet to try it as well. But after reading the rules, I realized I can't even sell anything until 100 posts...ooooh well, guess I'll just have to smoke it... :wink:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wouldn't call it the greatest tobacco in the world, but you will enjoy it! If they have Margate, pick up some of it as well. Very good companion to Penzance.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
rUWIrEdm.jpg

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well here it is. After giving away or trading 6 tins this is my collection of Penzance. Not sure if It will last me for the rest of my life or not. Probably have to keep an eye out for more. Jars and one tin are from 1999. The other 4 tins are from this week.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Geez, Tarheel... you are such a horrible hoarder. You should be ashamed of yourself. :wink:

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Yep such a hoarder. Friday got two time and today got two time. Have away 6 time and made sure a couple of people were able to order several bags and time. Lol. Maybe if I get 10 more time I will be set if I can just getting rid of them.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
My OCD thanks you for posting that photo with the one tin upside-down.
Anyone that hasn't tried Penzance yet, go pick up a tin of Pease's - Quiet Nights. Just as good, if not better, AND you'll find said tin of QN in stock most anywhere.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I picked up 1measly tin the other week at pipesandcigars.com. I'll let it age for about three years. In the mean time I'll pick up some GLPease Quite Nights and C&D Star of the EastFlake/bulk.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Quiet nights is really good. I enjoy it often. I have a tin of star of the east flake that has been aging since 2012. I will open it after I finish my tin of quiet nights. Probably take a year or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.