Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Oh and also along this Long Island hunt, i have been passing on many older Black Frigate tins. I mean these tins are really faded silver, and are not sealed. I opened one up and the tobacco was in a bag. I have not a clue what year there from, but i can buy them for 5$ a tin if i want them.
Also found at least 30 tins of Peterson Special Reserve 2006. I have been passing on those as well
What i did find, but could not negotiate a deal on was 1 of each University Flake and Peterson Irish Flake in oval tins, like the Penzance. He wouldnt budge from 15$ each, i wrote down the location, and will prob pick those 2 tins up next week.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Man, those Peterson flakes are definite steals even at $15. I would certainly snap those up...
As for McClelland, if I saw anything like that in person I would gladly pay anything less than $50 if the tin looked like it wasn't compromised. You are correct in saying that the last two digits indicate the year...

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
The hunt continues. Today's motorcycle ride landed me at a B&M on the North Shore of Long Island, and i bought this 8oz bag of McClelland Townsman Cavendish Blue. I don't know anything about this blend, besides saying maple on the cover, which is good for me. This will be my fall smoking blend instead of Autumn Evening. Anybody here can help with the approximate year this is from? There isn't any date on this bag. Did I get a good deal on this for 20$?
]Blue[/url]

steamboat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2017
Also found a full 14oz can of Holiday Pipe Mixure, not the Excursion. It looked in decent condition, but was old looking. He wanted 40$ for it, i didn't buy it, i offered 30$ didn't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.