PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Stunning pipe. The birds eye is just fantastic. How long is it? It looks like a perfect arm chair pipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUpGoOjFWw

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Well done.
This burner is in the hands of a man who will respect the art, craft and legacy of an artisan.
To be sure it found the right home.
Fnord

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Well that certainly holds the attention. What an absolutely beautiful piece of work. I don't own a churchwarden but when I see something like that it sure makes me think about one.
Good for you Peck. It is stunning.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
There's something about Churchwardens that beckon. Practical or not, they call. Put me down for one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a jaw-dropper. I also enjoyed reading about his finishing techniques. It seems that like usual, you chose well! That is a real display piece, do you have a special spot for it?

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I would need my "driving glasses" just to light it.
Epic, yes.
Functionally, maybe more of a fine display piece, no?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Completely functional, I say. Rest your hand holding the bowl on the arm of your chair and ease the bit to your mouth as you please. Very relaxing. The Japanese understand a meditative state of mind and wouldn't put anyone to unnecessary stretching or holding the bowl between your feet. No problemo, however you say that in Japanese.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My question is if your arm is long enough to hold the bowl in your hand and the at or near your mouth? Maybe you have a collapsible prop on which you rest some part of the stem, obviating the grasp of your hand? Also, aren't relights a problem? Standard issue cleaners just wouldn't do.
Still, way cool pipe:)).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A notably compact person might have a reach problem with this pipe, but anyone around six feet tall won't. Or someone shorter with long arms. This is sort of a standard longish churchwarden.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Relight? Peck doesn't need a relight! He just looks disappointedly at the dying embers in his bowl and they just puff back to life out of shame.
-- Pat

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Better indulge in the 500' roll of cut your own length pipe cleaners and a mini tripod to use as a third hand, called a gorilla pod! :) Satou does make some seriously beautiful pipes and that is definitely one of them, congratulations.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.