PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
OK... in large part I'm posting this because of the pun in the title. It's rare I come up with something this clever. My sons, I am sure, would call this a "dad joke," and role their eyes (as I can sense many of you are doing as you read this).

Nevertheless, I have tried a few GL Pease blends--Lagonda and Sixpence (Sixpence may be my favorite smoke so far in my very young career). What other blends from Pease should I be trying? I would like to stay away from super high nicotine blends. Thanks.

Cheers
Drew

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My favorites are Blackpoint, Maltese Falcon and Kensington among the Latakia blends. I also like Embarcadero, Union Square and Fillmore, Triple Play and JackKnife. Haddo's Delight is also real good, and pretty unique

I would think that if you like Sixpence, you should be able to deal with all Pease blends in terms of nicotine... Excepting maybe JackKnife, Cumberland and Triple Play. At least among whatI have tried.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
Thanks for the suggestions... keep them coming.

I have no history with tobacco prior to taking up the pipe just a few months ago. So I have no desire or need to get a 'nic buzz.' I have been very wary about higher nicotine blends... but even some categorized as "medium/strong" have not really affected me in that way. I don't know if this is because I always use a charcoal filter... but so far, so good. Still, I don't want to push it by trying "strong nic" blends... there are plenty others out there for me.

thanks again

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I find Sextant and Navigator to "scratch the same itch" as Sixpence does. You may want to stay away from Navigator though as some people feel the nicotine is high. I don't, personally, but smokingpipes has its strength listed at 4 dots.

Reactions: Drew72

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I really have to be in the mood for his Latakia blends (they're kind of harsh for me), but I really like most his VA-based blends. Some more than others, and it also really depends on the age of the tin. But they're all worth a try IMO.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
To me, Westminster is the benchmark English blend. If I could only choose one English mixture forever, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

For non-Latakia offerings, my favorites are Haddo's Delight, Union Square, and Fillmore.

Reactions: Drew72 and Bowie

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Chelsea Morning or Quiet Nights which is similar but stronger in flavor.

Gaslight if you’d like to try a rich, Lat forward cake.

Union Square and Maltese Falcon are worth a try as well.

IME his blends do best at with at least 6 months of age. Give them a week after the tin is opened. The oxidation really seems to improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.