PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
A seller saying “F&F only” has always read to me as, “I want to be able to screw the buyer without any repercussions.” Because if it was just about the few extra bucks, he’d have added it to the price.
Pretty sure that PayPal isn’t going to refund someone on a tobacco purchase, what i believe would happen is accounts would get locked.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
Pretty sure that PayPal isn’t going to refund someone on a tobacco purchase, what i believe would happen is accounts would get locked.
They can just make up whatever the purchase was for though

Reactions: Casual

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
They can just make up whatever the purchase was for though
But they research before refund and you know it’s going to get messy and some if Is going to screw the other guy out of spite and off their own nose to spite. Either way i can’t think a anyone here is out to screw someone on a purchase, then again plenty of stories of well known long time sellers on sites like olh put up a bunch of boxes of cigars and sell each box multiple times and disappear with the money.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I haven't had any such problems. For the past few months, every time I have tried to use PayPal, only the LEFT HALF of the PayPal window appeared, and resizing the window didn't change what was displayed, leaving the check-boxes and buttons missing altogether.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
It sounds to me like people would appreciate a fast, fair, and relatively inexpensive small claims court for online purchase contracts. I don’t think such a thing exists. Both eBay and PayPal have tried and it seems like they‘ve been unable to do it properly.

Reactions: litup

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
It sounds to me like people would appreciate a fast, fair, and relatively inexpensive small claims court for online purchase contracts. I don’t think such a thing exists. Both eBay and PayPal have tried and it seems like they‘ve been unable to do it properly.
In the end they protect the seller's with no seller's there is no business there is always more buyers than seller's, you'll always find buyers.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
In the end they protect the seller's with no seller's there is no business there is always more buyers than seller's, you'll always find buyers.
Yes, sadly this is true. I purchased an item from a vendor that never arrived. PayPal sided with the seller since the tracking number showed it as delivered. That was their only evidence. There is no way for me to prove that it wasn't delivered. This is why Amazon and others take pictures of the delivery as proof. It's definitely a touch situation and both sides, but in general, PayPal does NOT side with the buyer.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yes, sadly this is true. I purchased an item from a vendor that never arrived. PayPal sided with the seller since the tracking number showed it as delivered. That was their only evidence. There is no way for me to prove that it wasn't delivered. This is why Amazon and others take pictures of the delivery as proof. It's definitely a touch situation and both sides, but in general, PayPal does NOT side with the buyer.
If you go to the post office you can get a detailed history and i believe they started to use gps location when / where the package is scanned as delivered much like ups and the other major carriers. Might not help now but maybe in the future.

Sounds like it wasn’t the seller’s error, but the delivery service. No reason to punish the seller. I know that doesn't ease or solve the buyer’s problem, but at that point, it’s time to address the delivery service with the issue. Whether that pans out is just a part of the risk of doing business from a distance.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Sounds like it wasn’t the seller’s error, but the delivery service. No reason to punish the seller. I know that doesn't ease or solve the buyer’s problem, but at that point, it’s time to address the delivery service with the issue. Whether that pans out is just a part of the risk of doing business from a distance.
Agreed. Post office says it was delivered not much you can do, especially with people stealing packages, not the sellers problem, also tons of people would deny they got it for a refund and the item. A lot of dishonesty out there.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
A seller saying “F&F only” has always read to me as, “I want to be able to screw the buyer without any repercussions.” Because if it was just about the few extra bucks, he’d have added it to the price.
You need to get past first grade reading then. I've probably completed over 100 transactions here goes F&F without a edible issue. How's that read to you?

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Agreed. Post office says it was delivered not much you can do, especially with people stealing packages, not the sellers problem, also tons of people would deny they got it for a refund and the item. A lot of dishonesty out there.
In this case the issue was with the seller's order aggregation service whereby one of the items was packaged with another set of orders. So, it was delivered, but to the wrong person. Credit card company ended up refunding me, but it's a frustrating situation in which the seller who was responsible in this case, knows that it's insulated via PayPal.

Puffaluffaguss

Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Either way if somebody is scamming, the person getting scammed will tell anybody and everybody that will listen. So a scammer is just scaming themselves in the long run. I don't care about using venmo, f&f, etc, as long as that person is known to be trustworthy. I had a little dispute with another member about this while trying to work out a trade. If either of us was unfaithful to our word during the trade everybody on here would hear about it. Same thing with selling, But if your snipping 30 tins of small batch just to resell them that's a punk move and you should be taxed on every dollar you make from that 50% or more profite sale. There is nothing wrong with selling some stuff you don't want or need to make room or whatever. But if your doing it for business like profits and income it should be taxed just like the B&Ms the online retailers and the Wholesale suppliers.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
You need to get past first grade reading then. I've probably completed over 100 transactions here goes F&F without a edible issue. How's that read to you?
And I’ve made hundreds of purchases using G&S and never used the buyer protection to screw a seller. The complaints both sides are making are not against the honest. They’re against the dishonest who use buyer protection (G&S) or the lack of it (F&F) to screw someone else on the transaction.

And maybe you could just talk about the substance of it without the personal insults.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
And I’ve made hundreds of purchases using G&S and never used the buyer protection to screw a seller. The complaints both sides are making are not against the honest. They’re against the dishonest who use buyer protection (G&S) or the lack of it (F&F) to screw someone else on the transaction.

And maybe you could just talk about the substance of it without the personal insults.
Take your own advice pal. Your comment painted with a very wide stroke and was insulting to me. Of course, people like you fail to comprehend things like that.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Any time I saw businesses saying FF only I crossed them off my list. You are a fucking business, there are costs to doing business. Trying to screw your customer with FF put a big circle on their foreheads and told me never to trust them. The only time I actually did a FF was with an actual friend or a real family member. Not some ghost from the internet where he has taken your rights of any kind of recourse off the table. If you cannot afford the fees to sell on PP then get the get off and only come back when you are a real businessman.

I forgot to add that for close to 20 years I have dealt with pipestud and not once did he ask me to do FF. I would have in a minute but he is a businessman and understands how things should run. He is one of the classiest guys on the web.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I have a business account with PayPal. I run a business and have to pay taxes on my income just like the owner of a brick and mortar business who takes only credit cards or cash. That person pays his/her taxes so why shouldn't I? And if I were to cheat and do the family/friends thing, what if I were audited? How do I justify to the IRS that the income I received from a family/friends payment is really not income from a family/friend, but actually income for my business? Or, if I were to pay a consignor with PayPal family/friends, how do I justify that was a business expense? That's a road that I don't want to travel. If you make a purchase or accept payment for something that you are selling using PayPal or any other payment conduit, just go by their rules and breathe easier knowing you did the right thing. (-:

Steve

Pipeoff

Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
If you go to the post office you can get a detailed history and i believe they started to use gps location when / where the package is scanned as delivered much like ups and the other major carriers. Might not help now but maybe in the future.
Tracking is fine but if the postal delivery person fails to scan, you get ripped !