Passing your pipe collection on to someone like your son.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have no children and know of no one with interests in smoking pipes at this point. I'd probably just die and someone would throw them away or sell for nothing.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I say boy, did you not read the "smoking estate pipes" thread?
Asking your son to smoke his dead father's pipe is deplorable.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I was wondering when the two threads would get tied together. Well done! Of course we're talking honest to God dead men's pipes, estates for sure. Although the OP was addressing gifting the pipes while still sentient and above room temperature.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I'd be honored to have my one smoking son have my pipes. I have my great great grandfather's pipe and it is a family treasure.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Now that I've figured out how to post photos....
1JLe2hq.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
If I ever come to my senses, by the time I die, all that will be left is corn cob pipes, and a ton of Carter Hall. :D

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
My grandfather smoked a pipe. He died when my Dad was young. My Dad being a occasional pipe smoker, talks about how he would have liked to have had his Dads pipes. I never thought about where my stuff is going to go when I go, but hearing about how my Dad laments over his Dads pipes makes me hope that my kids at least keep them as keepsakes. Im sure my friends will plunder my stash of baccy.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
My wife is very anti-smoking, so the chances of my boys taking over my collection is pretty slim if she has her say in it. I guess it depends on when I move on. In the mean time I have written out a list of all my pipes and tobacco's with a selling price, so if something does happen to me at least my wife has an idea of what to sell the pipes and tobacco for.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I also don't have any physical children but have young men that I have invested in, who also love the pipe. For those without kids you need to make some pipe disciples.

Status
Not open for further replies.