PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
As you may have read in my previous post in the main forum, ive found a lovely pairing with some irish cream and kaluha with much of the aromatics I smoke...
This evening I decided to try my 4noggins Killington with some Drambuie.....and its wonderful. Im soon going to switch to the wisers spiced whisky....

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
4noggins Killington with some Drambuie
Is that like orange juice with pulp? :nana:
Just kidding of course.
I enjoy something like PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake, a straight Virginia, or VaPer and a Martini, up, dusty, and dirty... with 4 olives... for the vitamins.

Then I also enjoy something mildly sweet, or English with a Bourbon, or Brandy.
Good question my friend, adult beverages and the right tobacco... Very important information.

My advice for liquor... avoid ice in your glass at all costs. :D

:puffy:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a big fan of Jack Daniel's Honey with Virginias and VA/Pers.
With apologies to Lawrence,, on the rocks.
I also enjoy burleys and VaBurs, as well as the occasional straightforward VaPer, with a hoppy IPA.

jogrefoln

Lurker
Mar 20, 2013
Knight Island, AK
I'm going to try some Knob Creek Single Barrel for the first time next week with my Father Dempsey. I hope it's a good match as I haven't had either!
Oh!...and either before or after - some Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip ice cream. The best ice cream ever made in the history of ice cream period.
If your favorite ice cream is anything but this one your argument is invalid. 8O

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I don't like to drink anything with my smoke but coffee is a fine follow up...
Port is my favourite alcoholic drink after a smoke, with madeira finishing in second place.
Brandy or Cognac would be my choice for a distilled beverage...
I do not enjoy any others following a smoke - I don't know why, that's just the way it is!

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Yeah for me a nice cup of coffee with a french vanilla creamer always goes nice.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I was thinking as I was shopping about getting some nice Taylor Flatgate port.
Question to Brian: you mentioned doing a show on matching wines with blends, Any suggestions? I do hope you're still planning on on taking on this topic.

whitespot

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
I am currently smoking Escudo and sipping on some Templeton Rye. Last night I tried it with some Redemption Rye. The Templeton pairs wonderfully. The Redemption seems to due better with a heavy Latakia blend due to it's spiciness ( 95% rye). The Templeton is fruitier due to the less rye in the whiskey.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've said it before (lots of posts on this topic, but hey it's a great one), but here again is my amatuer's opinion-smoke with smoke; Laphroaig, Talisker or Lagavulin single malt with a latakia blend is heaven. My favorite so far is the best and the best-Talisker or Lagavulin with Nightcap. A good bourbon is great as well, and offers the advantage of not overpowering the blend. I actually just realized I've never once tried brandy with a smoke, cigars or pipes. It's going on my to-do list for when I'm back home this summer, thanks for bringing it up Lawrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.