PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Ok, I know there are a lot of posts about what people are drinking, but I am more curious about what beers pair well with certain tobaccos.

So post what beers you have may have been drinking with a favorite tobacco that worked super well or didn't work well at all. Was it an IPA, a stout, a pilsner, a blonde, or any other type of beer. Please try to give the name and brewery.

I am thinking of doing a beer and tobacco pairing for a club idea.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I like Hamm's beer or Miller Highlife with 1Q. Both beers seems to go well with it.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I had some St. Pauli Girl's with LA Red a few times last summer. It really brought out the sweetness of the tobacco I thought.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm not one for frequently drinking beer; however, I was given a suggestion for an easy thirst quencher for those hot summer days.

A doctor friend of mine told me about this.
1/2 Yuengling Lager or light

1/2 Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale (I suppose you could use Canada Dry Ginger Ale.... buy why would you ever want to?)
And with a bowl of 1Q while sitting in the shade under your favorite tree... Ahhhhhhhh....
:puffy:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I like IPAs, but I've never had much luck pairing them with a pipe (I smoke Latakia and Virginia/Oriental blends, mostly by McClelland).
Stouts, however, do seem to pair rather well with my preferred blends. My current favorite pair is Lefthand Milk Stout paired with McClelland Arcadia.
Just a suggestion.

Aug 14, 2012
Bass ale on draft with any Lat. mix. Hard to do in NYC where you are not allowed to smoke in a bar, but possible in a sidewalk cafe.

Aug 1, 2012
I tend to do well pairing a stout with most tobaccos but some VA or Lat blends tend to go well with a fairly hoppy Pilsner like New Belgium's Shift.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pairing Beer With Tobacco...HMmm,Yea, cold beer and tobacco.Sounds like a good pair to me!! :wink:

Reactions: LJJ

vaboatbuilder

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2012
i would say a mellow english and a good stout, but the only one i can get here is Guinness. im still looking for the perfect english.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Now Lawrence don't go bashing the Original in Canada Dry! Up here we call that a shanty, and it's not bad on a hot summer night

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Ok so tonight I did a Dogfish head 90 Minute IPA with a Virgina bulk blend from my B & M. The crispness of the hops in the IPA just let the sweetness of the virginias sing. It was an intriguing pair.

My favorite pairing so far was a Red blend with my favorite Aro called Rainy City Reserve from Rainy City Cigar. The creaminess of the vanilla, nougat flavor of the smoke paired extremely well with the boldness of the red.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Now Lawrence don't go bashing the Original in Canada Dry! Up here we call that a shanty, and it's not bad on a hot summer night
No insult intended. I realize you guys can't get Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale up there. (unless you order it).

I'm not sure they ship to Canada. You haven't lived until you've had one.

20111222-buffalo-rock-ginger-ale-2.jpg

Pc0720300_185x250.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I rarely drink anymore, but I still enjoy a good beer from time time. One beer I really enjoy is Hoegaarden. Perhaps I'll pick some up tomorrow for my 'finally home from work smoke'

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I like IPAs, but I've never had much luck pairing them with a pipe
I brought up this issue during the question and answer period of Russ' pairing talk at the West Coast Pipe show. He suggested pairing it with something like Stonehaven and it worked out pretty well when I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.