PAD So Bad Someone Needs to Take My Cards (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I think it is a rare combination of missing my Mom since her passing last fall, some health things that are bothering me, and the fact that once I retire I may NEVER be able to buy pipes again like I have been, but I have LOST My Mind with Pad...
Below top to bottom: Il Ceppo Grade 5, a Kaywoodie 150 year anniversery, and a Savinelli Punto Oro with an AMBER (no shit, I freaked out too) stem and a HORN stem backup...
20150513_204427-600x337.jpg

Here is the bowl of the Il Ceppo that haunted me for over a year before I got it. Note the Amber stem with stuff in it on the Sav. Woo Hoo!
20150513_204507-600x337.jpg

As if this weren't bad enough, I was able at 12:30pm PST be online to watch the St. Claude pipes vanish from Smokingpipes.com. (it's fun, what can I say) I actually grabbed a lovat with ring grain showing on the smooth finish, but by the time I threw 2 lb of tobacco on the order to get free shipping it was gone. At that time, I noticed... this:
von-erck.jpg

von-erck-b.jpg

After my post earlier this week about an intestined shaped Von Erck, I found it karmic justice that I would fall in love and snag this beauty with the last room on my credit card.
Ah, well in any event, I don't feel too bad about missing out on Chicago now. :wink:

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Now that's what I call PAD! Nice haul there. I really like that Von Erck pipe! The craftsmanship needed to pull off that design is simply amazing. I hope it smokes half as good as it looks.
Enjoy those pipes as much as you can before the credit card bill comes! :)

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
You have a few I would not have been able to not pull the trigger on. I know where you stand brother I am retired 10 years now and have 3 non curable diseases, Mantle Cell Lymphoma, a kidney disease FSGS you can look it up if youwish to see that long crazy name and Stiff Person Syndrome. I get weekly ivIG infusions for the last one and while I completed my course of Chemotherapy nearly 7 years ago my last CT Scan showed an enlarged Spleen which is one way MCL shows activity so my oncologist had me go through 4 rounds of Rituxan Maintenance once a week for 4 weeks which meant spending 3 days with a 1" needle in the port in my left pectoral which meant I slept in a recliner until the needle came out. None of this has abated either my PAD or TAD but I do know I need to put the brakes on at some point, enjoy those babies.

banjo

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
YOU! You got that Von Erck! :evil:
Glad you got it and saved my credit card because damn... that is fricking amazing.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
jaysus, fishnbanjo, you sure are packing a load of medical woe. I'm proud of ya to be continually optimistic enough to continue your acquisition quests.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
New room, every day is a new day to screw up, the didn't give me much hope of making it through Chemotherapy then told me that 100% of MCL patients either pass on or relapse within 3 years, when my oncologist retired he told me I was the bright spot in his career. I then told him he saved my life to which he countered he hadn't saved my life but rather my steadfast outlook did and that if even 50% of his patients had my outlook they would still be alive. I am most great fun for getting this far and plan to make the most of it while I still can. Warmest regards and happy smokes.

banjo

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Oh my goodness, Banjo! I had no idea you were going through that. I am doubly impressed that you remain so chipper AND keep getting awesome pipes that make me drool on a regular basis.
Happy smokes to you. If you are ever in WA, look me up. We can smoke up some baccy together.
~Mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a lavish PAD. Take your time, 'bro, there's a world of pipes out there. 'Fish is amazing. Long may he sustain his pipe acquisitions. He put me onto small pipes. It's a whole new day.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Awesome.
The top view of that Von Erck makes me dizzy; but, I can't stop looking at it. :)

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I've checked out that Von Erck too. 8O
@ Banjo

Salute! After knowing the treatments you are going through yet maintaining a positive outlook and your usually drool-inducing pursuit of pipe and tobacco enjoyment. Good smoke to you! :puffy:

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I was not aware you have been dealing with such adversity either, Banjo.
You have tremendous character and determination. Your pipes are always a joy to look at.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
wfbayne,, that is one great haul. The Erck is really something, I hear his pipes are fantastic smokers. I hope all your pipes smoke great for you, congrats.
fish, I had no idea you were dealing with such issues. I hope you hang in there and continue to enjoy your pipes.

antbauers

Jul 12, 2013
That Von Erck was the first thing to catch my eye in the SP email. Such a gorgeous pipe.

Dec 24, 2012
Nice grabs. I love the Von Erck. More often than not, I am not attracted to his shaping, but that one does rev my engine.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Beautiful pipes, Mike.
That amber stem is definitely very cool.
Enjoy them and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother and the health problems you are encountering.

If you ever want to send out a note and banter back and forth about our "cuts and scrapes" we get through life...feel free!!
Banjo, same to you sir, inspirational you are...uh, I think I just wrote like Yoda. :P
Geoffry

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Gee folks my humblest thanks for your words the mean a lot, I did not mean to hijack wyfbanes thread I was merely trying to point out it's important to seize every day to its fullest especially once one retires since it can be a shock when the daily grind ceases so you have to fill that void in mind, body and soul! Thanks.

banjo the humbled

Status
Not open for further replies.