PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I have an unfinished Sav myself, as well as a nording sig freehand which is also unfinished, and I guarantee you, you're going to love watching it darken between smokes. The briar gets darker and the grain becomes more announced I think after every smoke. It's really kind of cool, because you don't get that of course with a finished pipe. That one you got there, is going to be constantly changing. I pick mine up just to hold in my hand and look at even when I'm not going to smoke them.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Sweet pipe! Congratulations! I have a Savinelli Sherwood Rock Briar Oom Paul myself which was an eBay purchase. The finish was in a horrible condition so now it's unfinished with the help of my Dremel. I think it's going to stay that way too.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
It's going to be my re-hab pipe.I'm going in for a total hip replacement in about a month so I'll have plenty of time to smoke it.I've been stockin up on tobacco like crazy because I will be four months with out a paycheck.Still need the other hip replaced and back surgery,BUT...I'm blessed!It isn't fatal and GOD BLESS some out there have it worse! Weez

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Major score there! I'm a big fan of those chubbies, and love authors too. Also love Savs. I'm fond of unfinished pipes because of the way they breathe and colorize with puffing. I've been on the lookout for unfinished 320s and have seen hundreds of natural Savs, but nary a one in that shape.
hp

les

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Not sure if it's the 32 inch monitor, but that thing looks mammoth. Hope it smokes great! See you on forums in a week when you finally finish that first bowl.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
+1 on the author being one of my favorite shapes. I own a Kaywoodie 13b author but have a black rusticated Sav author with silver band on my list. Hope you enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.