PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Don't know how long this is good for, but in case any of you missed the earlier one...it's back again. Up to 20% off this time, so while technically not quite as good as 20% off across the board, still a good chance to stock up on Flake, Navy Rolls etc. I'm utterly maxed out on both budget* and space, so more for y'all!

*I crossed one set of fingers as I typed this word one-handed, as I've been eyeing that Irish Harp rusticated bulldog... 🤤

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Enjoyed their sales but apparently last time around I ended up with two subscriptions to magazines we could care less about (they claim I didn't uncheck a box when checking out, maybe so) and it took a few phone calls to sort out why they were coming and from whom and how to cancel them (and to stop getting the catalog delivered) - they were very nice about it.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Don't know how long this is good for, but in case any of you missed the earlier one...it's back again. Up to 20% off this time, so while technically not quite as good as 20% off across the board, still a good chance to stock up on Flake, Navy Rolls etc. I'm utterly maxed out on both budget* and space, so more for y'all!

*I crossed one set of fingers as I typed this word one-handed, as I've been eyeing that Irish Harp rusticated bulldog... 🤤
I've been eyeing bulldog pipes recently but my next purchase will be a Stanwell Hans Christen Anderson.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Enjoyed their sales but apparently last time around I ended up with two subscriptions to magazines we could care less about (they claim I didn't uncheck a box when checking out, maybe so) and it took a few phone calls to sort out why they were coming and from whom and how to cancel them (and to stop getting the catalog delivered) - they were very nice about it.
Yeah, there is a check box you must uncheck to not get the magazines. Took me by surprise the first time.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
That they even have that is disappointing. Combined with stories of botched orders I’ll keep buying at other stores. Seriously, who adds a damn magazine subscription on check out? It’s just sleazy.
It's free. I've never had a problem from P&C and the only ones complaining are the minority where the package got trapped in shipping.

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
It’s funny, I have ordered from P&C about a dozen times since they stared the magazine thing.

The first couple of times I actually chose the subscription I wanted and never received anything. After that I kept on checking the box but still never received a single digital or mail subscription.

I finally read the fine print and it said I had to jump through a hoop or two to actually get the magazines. It wasn’t enough just check the box. I don’t know if Indiana has some laws that affect that or what. What I do know is that I have never received any magazines.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
About as stupid as people not shopping MM because of cannabis issues, right? And don’t worry, I don’t shop there. On top of sketchy business practices their website is garbage. I spend my money at other shops.
Pipe companys shouldn't sell drug paraphernalia, simple as that. I won't put my money into something I don't believe in. There haven't been sketchy business issues with most of the people who shop there. Most of the issues is shipping and once it leaves their hands into USPS, then they have no control over it and they have excellent customer service to resolve any issues. Don't complain if you haven't used them.

It’s funny, I have ordered from P&C about a dozen times since they stared the magazine thing.

The first couple of times I actually chose the subscription I wanted and never received anything. After that I kept on checking the box but still never received a single digital or mail subscription.

I finally read the fine print and it said I had to jump through a hoop or two to actually get the magazines. It wasn’t enough just check the box. I don’t know if Indiana has some laws that affect that or what. What I do know is that I have never received any magazines.
Their print subscriptions work easy but the digital has more hoops.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

HeavyLeadBelly

Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Pipe companys shouldn't sell drug paraphernalia, simple as that. I won't put my money into something I don't believe in. There haven't been sketchy business issues with most of the people who shop there. Most of the issues is shipping and once it leaves their hands into USPS, then they have no control over it and they have excellent customer service to resolve any issues. Don't complain if you haven't used them.

Their print subscriptions work easy but the digital has more hoops.
Got a reality check for you, whether you want it or not cannabis is going to be legal across the country sooner rather than later and companies are going to adjust to capitalize on it. You need to grow up.

Ryan

Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
That's weird. I have received tons of them. I do only go for esquire and the like though. Might be your choices.
I wonder if it is because I pay via PayPal instead of a credit card? I tried a few different magazines. I still leave it checked every time but I don’t pay any attention to it because it never seems to activate.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
P&C has some of the best deals ($8.99 for Peterson tins, which will last until 11:59 pm Friday), often with cash/rebates, and a different selection of tobacco than TP or SPC.

I've order frequently and only had one issue: a 250g box of Gawith arrived when 500g was ordered. A quick email exchange resulted in delivery of a 500g box for no charge while keeping the 250g box. Your mileage may vary.

The magazine was free (and less invasive than hacking a phone), just discard and be done.