PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygh

Lurker
Sep 21, 2016
I used to get great service from them as well. Everything fell apart in February. I returned as a loyal customer, but as soon as I had a problem, they won't deal with it. Live and learn I guess. I did discover Boswell pipes as a result of all this, and their customer service is amazing, so one bright spot.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Smokingpipes.com, need I say more? Compitetion is the name of the game, so far SP is winning.
****Opinions found here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are some things I really need to order from PC that I can't get at other retailers. Ahem. So PC, please get it back in the road so they can sound the all-clear.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Order from them for years & never had a problem except when they went through a software upgrade a couple months ago. Had orders with them since & were great. Put another order with them tonight before I read this thread & no regrets.

Happy with them.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Every time I order from them they fulfill it. Once they missed a tin, and a cob, but they sent me them in a week. Im a veeu loyal customer of theirs, and will continue to be for years. Just got my order in today. Ordered 4 days ago.
20170620_154922.jpg

And I must say, my first bowl is going great!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My proxy moved. I have no way to order from them at the moment, but I love them. Can't beat the prices and I've never had the ass aches I have seen described on here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
After discovering that Angler's Dream is an extremely overpriced Sutliff, I may return to my original position. :|

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chasing', I think various blends from various retailers are overpriced Sutliff. Hence sable's wry critique of people who dis Sutliff.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not at all. I've always been pleased with the quality of their tobacco. Other than Vanilla Royals which seemed a bit bland.

May 4, 2015
Doesn't matter to me who makes something so long as I like it. It's still under $3/oz, so I don't think you're getting ripped off if you really enjoy it!

woopigpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Arkansas
They are, without a doubt, still having some issues. However, I'll never give up on an unlimited buy 2 get 1 free or 25% off offer. If they keep up the sales, they'll continue to get my business.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Doesn't matter to me who makes something so long as I like it. It's still under $3/oz, so I don't think you're getting ripped off if you really enjoy it!
I just think it's funny that they said they went from the tub to bulk to cut down on cost. For them maybe! :mrgreen:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have had no problems with them. Just did a big order on the MacBaren sale. Everything arrived promptly.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Except for a slight delay due to their getting screwed by the maker of their tracking software, P&C has always delivered the goods to me. Their packaging may be a joke, but so far, no problems.
But if P&C doesn't work for you, look elsewhere. There are alternatives.
And yes, the Sutliff bashing that was a fad here not too long ago was pretty amusing in that it showed that many here have little to no knowledge about who makes what blends and who supplies the component tobaccos to the blenders of some very highly popular blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.