PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
It's ok :) Was just a silly interruption the the thread based on the references to past complaints. Pipe smokers can be an exacting and persnickety bunch, after all.
There's nothing to get. :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I think you tried too hard, pal.

"Pal"? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't mean that how it came across, or that it's merely a cultural thing.
Cheers.
I don't get it... Pal = friend = comrade = chum
What did I miss here?
-- Pat

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo pru - some cultural context about the term 'pal' maybe: with some folks in the NE US,"pal" was a non-gender specific, 3 letter word for various scatalogical sobriquets. That was about the time, "bad", as in 'Man, you're baaad' meant good; and now 'sick' as a descriptive is actually a compliment.
lol

yo' pal

les

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Yo pru - some cultural context about the term 'pal' maybe: with some folks in the NE US,"pal" was a non-gender specific, 3 letter word for various scatalogical sobriquets. That was about the time, "bad", as in 'Man, you're baaad' meant good; and now 'sick' as a descriptive is actually a compliment.
lol

yo' pal

les
Thanks for the transliteration, Les!
Shit, and here I thought I was speaking English.
-- Pat

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Thanks for the translation. It's a fighting word in the South, not to be used by the soft. Like something a New Yorker might say to a farm boy right before the ambulance arrived. But I guess there still are some regional variations in slang, snark and inferred meaning. Which is good. We just say "sir" down here. Hopefully that term doesn't have any weighted meaning up north. My apologies if it does.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I received my order today and figured I would go ahead and post it. I also ordered a Baraccini pipe which is setting on the ashtray in the picture.

5 tins

5 pouches

5 cigars

MM Cob

Briar Pipe

Softy Bit

Jetline lighter with case

Camo hat

2 bags of cleaners

Gurkha Case

Julius Max 3 pipe case

Baccarat Ash Tray

Humidor wipes

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
This would be a terrific package for a newcomer. I noted that yesterday P&C was still offering this deal. BTW, the pipe, while not a collector's items, seemed to be solid, well-fitted, and well finished. It also had a nice shape. Haven't smoked it yet but the cold draw seemed good.

elguapo

Lurker
Aug 31, 2015
Any idea what the "mystery" tobacco in the zip-lock bag is? I got the sampler, but the bag wasn't labeled.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
The goody box contained so many items that I've had a little time to appreciate the contents. But I feel I got my money's worth.
The pipe lighter is a little gem. It is about as simple as a disposable - there is no flame adjustment control. But the flame size is perfect and it refills without a hitch. I get a couple of days use after topping off.
I use pipe caddy's only when traveling. The bag included is nice and will do the trick. But I have a Mr. Grog, so I might keep this one in new condition for possible trade for some baccy tins down the line.
Cigar aficionados will enjoy the selction of short cigars, which included a Romeo and Juliet, a Comacho, a Partagas, if I recall, and other premium, hand made cigars.
The ashtray was large and a welcome addition. Might have been nice to include a knocker but I don't really use them - I guess because I don't have one.
I look forward to the H&H blend but don't know much about the others. I'm assuming the pouch tobacco's are OTC. Has anyone smoked the Cest La Vie, John Bull or Smoker's Pride? I'm thinking I'm probably going to gift those to my brother, who enjoys the occasional cob.
Pax

elguapo

Lurker
Aug 31, 2015
The John Bull and the unlabeled mystery bag are the only things I've tried so far. I like the John Bull enough that I'll order more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.