Ozark Mini Question

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I got hold of an MM Ozark mini primarily as a pipe for my fly fishing forays this summer. I wanted something small and light that would give me about a 10-15 minute smoke when I took a break. I really love this pipe and it’s tiny, and far smaller than I imagined but on my test run with it loaded up with Squadron Leader I got just under 15 minutes out of it.

My question is there seems to be (relatively) a fair bit of space under where the stem joins the bowl. This meant a fair bit of unburned tobacco in relation to the size of the pipe. So, would it be worth putting some pipe mud in the bottom of the bowl making it level with the draw hole? I really like this tiny pipe so want to make it smoke as well as possible so any tips will be gratefulLytton’s received, ThanksIMG_0960.jpeg

Reactions: blackpowderpiper

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
I have an Ozark mini that I use for similar pursuits. Mine too had a pretty decent gap from the stem to the bottom of the bowl wasting precious tobacco. I took some cigar ash and made some mud and filled mine in. It only takes a few minutes.