Over the Years, Have Your Bowls per Day Increased or Decreased?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Werner Mummert Pipes
12 Fresh Ardor Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Barling Pipes
9 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My naps are cutting into my smoking time. So, less I suppose. Well, until Spring arrives and I start to be outside more, skipping the naps and chasing the wildlife. I tend to hibernate in the long darkness of winter up here.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
It has been the same for more than 2 years. Sometimes I smoke 1-2 pipes per day, sometimes I don't smoke for a week or two.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I've been smoking pipes and cigars for 10 years and only in the last 5 years or so have I been consistently turning to my pipes instead of cigars. My pipe smoking has remained fairly consistent with an average of 2-3 bowls per week.
My cellar is in such a state that I better get to puffing and increase the number of bowls I smoke or I'll never make a sizable dent on what I've accumulated.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Increase! I smoke in tandem so if I have 6 smoking sessions that’s 12 pipefulls. That will change soon as I’m going through a career change and my new place of employment will likely not be nearly as laid back as the company I work at now. I get more smokes in on the weekdays than I do on the weekends. I’m also smoking more because I recently quit dipping.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Surgery! Two guys report loss of taste and or desire after surgery. Can anyone shed light on why that might be so? (Other than decrease due to the illness and a recovery period after the knife.)
Anesthetic (Anaesthetic for you Brits) administered via lungs? Is that it?

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I'm inside most of the time, either on my computer or watching TV. I seem to have a pipe going most of the time, I would hate to have to count number of bowls!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
About a bowl a day for me. Sometimes none at all. In the summer I smoke more cigars, usually one a day after work.

This hasn't really increased or decreased over the years............... :puffy:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I am smoking my pipes I usually smoke 3-4 bowls a day. I took a year off recently due to health issues and since they have settled I am enjoying my pipes again.
Jesse, I have had kidney stones more times than I can count. At one point I was getting them at least once a year sometimes twice. I have not had them in a couple of years now and I have no idea why. I did have a change in meds but that shouldn't have affected my kidney stones( but I am glad it did). I have had the surgery when they go in to get them 5 times, and I have had the sonic blasting of the stones too many times to count. Whenever I got them, I prayed they could blast them. When they go in to get them and leave that stent in, that is torture of the worst kind. I once had the stent left in me for 2 solid weeks once, normally it is just one week. The feeling of pissing glass is something I would not wish on my worst enemy(not that I have enemies). I see my urologist once a year and he takes pictures to see what is going on. I always have some stones in either one side or the other but they are so small right now, nothing needs to be done. For years my stones were uric acid which are the hardest most dense ones. My last attack the stones were part uric acid and part calcium, that was a new one.
Did you find out what kind of stones you had? I began getting them in 1985 and it has been torture ever since. I never noticed a loss in flavor with either food or tobacco. Did they put you on any meds for the stones?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi Ariis,
I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but happy to hear that you're getting a break from it. Kidney stones are the worst. They will turn the most stoic he-man into a blubbering baby. My last attack was in early November of 2015 on my final day at the WCPS in Las Vegas. Woodsroad would probably remember that I was pretty ill, trying to catch the shuttle to the airport. I ended up leaving a "gift" in a planter by the front door of the Palace Station. Didn't make the plane as I collapsed in the terminal and was taken by ambulance to an ER, where they told me what I already knew, wrote up a bill for $12,000 - probably to cover their gambling debts - then booted me into the street. I made it home the next morning and got immediate help. That bastard just wouldn't come out, so the surgeon went in with a laser and a basket and blasted the thing. The catheter was a bitch and getting it yanked out was no picnic either. I've had yearly check up since then, and so far no worries. My last attack was 20 years before that. The stones were uric acid. Keep taking that cranberry extract!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I’m a very inconsistent smoker. Sometimes I’ll smoke like a chimney for days on end. Other times, I won’t smoke anything for days. I guess on average I smoke about 2 bowls per day.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jesse, nothing like that feeling when they yank out that stent huh? First time they did it to me, no warning just yanked. I almost hit the motherfer. I always drink cranberry juice with my Greygoose, it's medicinal right? :mrgreen:

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Mine has decreased. In college it was a bowl at my midday break, one in the afternoon then two or so at night with the pals. In the summer, I worked at a pay parking lot so it was about 12 hours of solid piping and reading. Fast forward to now and having to be inside all day (and not needing the temptation to throw pipes at my co-workers) I'm down to one to zero bowls in the evening and maybe two to three Saturday and Sunday. The plus side is I still buy in the same quantities so my cellar is beefy.

Status
Not open for further replies.