PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Living in SW Florida, I can't comment on storing pipes outside in really cold conditions.....but, I have a handful of inexpensive basket pipes that I keep in the garage and grab when I walk the dog, etc....never had any issues with those and they've endured months on end of 90+ heat and humidity.

I’m guessing I’m not the only one here with a cheap Grabow pipe living in the console of my truck year-round?

That said, I’d not do that with any pipe I care much about.
I keep a Ropp bulldog in mine. Sometimes I change it out with a GBD bulldog, but it's nice to always have a back-up pipe handy for when trip out of the house ends up being epic.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com
The only data point I could add is that I have had the stems loosen up a bit on pipes left in a car throughout the year (-10 to 105 at the extreme ends). I've been told radical temperature changes cause this but have no scientific proof. Now I only keep a couple cobs and a single ThePipe in the car.

Reactions: aspiring_sage
The only data point I could add is that I have had the stems loosen up a bit on pipes left in a car throughout the year (-10 to 105 at the extreme ends). I've been told radical temperature changes cause this but have no scientific proof. Now I only keep a couple cobs and a single ThePipe in the car.
I would never keep a pipe in the car that I would care if I ruined it. These that I mention, I could toss out the window on the interstate, and I would care.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I keep 6 Mo Meer cobs stem down in an upturned weld wheel center cap in my garage. I smoke them hell out of em and rarely clean them. I occasionally scrape em out with a dullish pocket knife and run a pipe cleaner through em. When they crack I pitch em and grab a new one.