PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Guys, I am very proud to announce that this year we have a representative at the Lviv, Ukraine - World Cup for Slow Pipe Smoking, organized by Comite International of Pipe Smokers Clubs. Mircea Octavian Parau, from Timisoara (my home town), Romania, and our very own Sea Wolf Piper, has received the endorsement of the Pipe and Cigar Club Romania Association to represent the organization in the above mentioned contest, and all together to represent our country in which is considered one of the most important events dedicated to our hobby on the old continent. This is my way of publicly acknowledging and supporting Mircea. His dedication to the hobby, his knowledge and his 300+ collection of antique, rare and some unique pipes, along side his achievement in past National Slow Smoking contests has determined me to make his name known to you and share this great joy with our community.

The competition pipe for this year is made by Stanwell, having the following specifications:

• Outer diameter of bowl: 39 mm
  • Height of bowl: 51 mm
  • Full length of pipe: 150 mm
  • Inner diameter of bowl: 20 mm
  • Inner height of bowl: 35 mm
  • Weight: 49 g

The tobacco everybody is going to be smoking is WO Larsen Signature Edition.

Should any of you be curios, you can find more details and pictures here:

Competition Official Website

Best of luck to you, mate, and "fum rece" (a loose translation of this would be "I wish you cold smoke", but I guess ... it's our way of saying "keep it smokey")

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I am certain you will keep us informed of the outcome, are you attending also?

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I get the idea of slow pipe smoking but how do they regulate the amount of time people take on their relights if it goes out?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I get the idea of slow pipe smoking but how do they regulate the amount of time people take on their relights if it goes out?

You don't ... if your pipe goes out, you don't get a second chance by relighting. You are out of the game.

The mate has boarded a train back from Ukraine last night at 1 o clock, so I am guessing he is still sleeping, thus I have no details. But will keep you posted :)

Reactions: Bengel

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
You don't ... if your pipe goes out, you don't get a second chance by relighting. You are out of the game.

The mate has boarded a train back from Ukraine last night at 1 o clock, so I am guessing he is still sleeping, thus I have no details. But will keep you posted :)
Yikes, I'd be out pretty early then. Maybe a few more years before I could even imagine entering that kind of contest.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Yikes, I'd be out pretty early then. Maybe a few more years before I could even imagine entering that kind of contest.

Honestly and personally I am not into it myself. I like to enjoy a pipe without having to fit into a certain framework. It's tedious and for me it defeats the purpose: you have so many seconds for breaking the tobacco and loading a pipe, you are not allowed to tamp I don't know how many minutes after lighting the pipe, if it goes out you are out, etc ... But non the less, some people are into it, for some this is the next step beyond collecting and going berserk on tobacco acquisition, so sure why not if it works for them. At the end of the day I get it, it's a form of competition and I was proud to share that my country was represented through a friend of mine. I look at it just like, for instance, swimming - I can enjoy a few pool lengths, that doesn't mean I need to buy pro gear and train for the Olympics.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Guys, I am very proud to announce that this year we have a representative at the Lviv, Ukraine - World Cup for Slow Pipe Smoking, organized by Comite International of Pipe Smokers Clubs. Mircea Octavian Parau, from Timisoara (my home town), Romania, and our very own Sea Wolf Piper, has received the endorsement of the Pipe and Cigar Club Romania Association to represent the organization in the above mentioned contest, and all together to represent our country in which is considered one of the most important events dedicated to our hobby on the old continent. This is my way of publicly acknowledging and supporting Mircea. His dedication to the hobby, his knowledge and his 300+ collection of antique, rare and some unique pipes, along side his achievement in past National Slow Smoking contests has determined me to make his name known to you and share this great joy with our community.

The competition pipe for this year is made by Stanwell, having the following specifications:

• Outer diameter of bowl: 39 mm
  • Height of bowl: 51 mm
  • Full length of pipe: 150 mm
  • Inner diameter of bowl: 20 mm
  • Inner height of bowl: 35 mm
  • Weight: 49 g
The tobacco everybody is going to be smoking is WO Larsen Signature Edition.

Should any of you be curios, you can find more details and pictures here:

Competition Official Website

Best of luck to you, mate, and "fum rece" (a loose translation of this would be "I wish you cold smoke", but I guess ... it's our way of saying "keep it smokey")
Very cool! I like it that they have a pipemaker to sponsor the competition and provide a standard pipe to make it a fair competition.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I didn't have a chance to see the lad since Ukraine, due to my hectic works schedule, but I did have a chance to chat with another fellow from a different club in Bucharest, Felix Matei, and he came in 21st at 1 hour and 42 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.