12 Fresh Ardor Pipes
12 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
60 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I could gravel a driveway with the stones I have passed. I recently found out that I have an allergy to oranges, which (they tell me) can mean that any citrus fruits may contribute to oxalates in my kidneys. They should run that test where they monitor your urine for 24 hours. For me, they didn't know about my allergies, so they were always confused as to what may have been causing them. This is the problem with having a fractured medical system with everyone specializing and keeping their noses in their own areas of expertise, IMO.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
I could gravel a driveway with the stones I have passed. I recently found out that I have an allergy to oranges, which (they tell me) can mean that any citrus fruits may contribute to oxalates in my kidneys. They should run that test where they monitor your urine for 24 hours. For me, they didn't know about my allergies, so they were always confused as to what may have been causing them. This is the problem with having a fractured medical system with everyone specializing and keeping their noses in their own areas of expertise, IMO.
I should do that. I had been eating oranges lately. Had 5 before I had the stones.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Ugh, I've had a couple myself. For me it was the stage where the stones are moving from kidneys to bladder that was the worst. This is before they were in the bladder ready to be passed. It's almost uncanny how horrible that was. There simply is no comfortable position. And i recall being incredibly nauseous.

Hopefully you were able to capture the stones. Lab work should be able to determine the composition of the stones, and a few life/diet changes accordingly could really help inhibit future stones.

Reactions: El Capitán

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Ugh, I've had a couple myself. For me it was the stage where the stones are moving from kidneys to bladder that was the worst. This is before they were in the bladder ready to be passed. It's almost uncanny how horrible that was. There simply is no comfortable position. And i recall being incredibly nauseous.

Hopefully you were able to capture the stones. Lab work should be able to determine the composition of the stones, and a few life/diet changes accordingly could really help inhibit future stones.
They were pure calcium. The pain is horrible. Had one once before these two.

Reactions: yanoJL

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
That's not something I would wish on my worst enemy. Did honors study on kidney stone detection test back in college. Looking at the patients' urine samples, I was surprised they didn't pass more stuff than just kidney stones.

swampgrizzly

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2018
South Louisiana, U.S.A.
So I had to go to the hospital yesterday. I eventually passed two kidney stones. I have never been in that much pain. The size of them surprised the doctor. Has anyone else experienced the pain of birthing two little rocks?
Been there. Pain was so bad, I asked my maker to forgive my shortcomings and go on and take me! Still have a small one lodged in my kidney that my urologist said might possibly never move or maybe it will some day. X-rays and sonograms being used at checkup visits to check on it. I try not to reflect on it very often. Do have 3 different levels of pain meds prescribed by my urologist to deal with the the lodged stone or any new ones that might form should I need.

Having heard that child birthing was the worst pain, I asked my female ER nurse if she felt that way. She said not at all. She delivered her 3 children the natural way and had kidney stone attacks 2 times. She said if faced with a choice of pains she had to experience between the two, she'd choose childbirthing pain over kidney stone pain!