PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Capitals! Title edited for same; Rule 9

Looking for an oriental heavy blend. Got C&D Oriental Silk in my cart. What are your thoughts?

The Virginias in that one are not very good, IMO. I generally avoid C&D Virginia- based blends for the reason that they are so vegetal and, honestly, of lower quality, with the exception of Bijou, which is very good.

I'd recommend Robert Lewis Orcilla Mixture, Ascanian No.1 & No. 2, and something that strikes you from Peretti (Royal and Tashkent are two favorites).

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
Mcconnell Oriental is a Balkan/English style, i.e. lots of Latakia. Not a bad thing, just know that going in AND if that is a planned approach, Sam Gawith Skiff Mixture is 10/10 for that style, especially with 6-12 months on it.

Sunday Picnic is decent, but I think it needs a little age. Fresh it was really sour for me.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
The Virginias in that one are not very good, IMO. I generally avoid C&D Virginia- based blends for the reason that they are so vegetal and, honestly, of lower quality, with the exception of Bijou, which is very good.

I'd recommend Robert Lewis Orcilla Mixture, Ascanian No.1 & No. 2, and something that strikes you from Peretti (Royal and Tashkent are two favorites).
Thanks, I already have Orcilla, will smoke another bowl tonight!