Ordering a pipe directly from Peterson ...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ray Popp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2022
Who has experience? I wanted the 2023 St. Patrick's Day XL15 but when I was ordering it, no one in the States had it. So, I ordered it directly from Peterson. How long did it take for the pipe to ship to you here in the US? They have provided me with a tracking number. I'm wondering if they ship it via slow boat or via air ... the tracking page does not indicate ...

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
it will certainly come over in the sky. who they use when it lands is up to them, postal service, ups/fedex/dhl. often times I've had stuff from the EU arrive quicker than relying on the disastrous usps at home.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
I’m fairly confident that Petersons direct ordering website is ran by SmokingPipes EU. Give it about a month at most. Usually 2-3 weeks if the issues with Royal Mail are resolved

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
It's no different in practical terms than ordering from SP EU. All you have to do is plug the tracking number into one of the sites that will show the progress then use the number with USPS when it lands here, usually just clicking on their tracking shows everything unless it hasn't been picked up yet. I've never had an experience where the tracking details couldn't be found, but someone has to input.

My order would have arrived today, which would be 10 days from shipping notice, but I had it shipped to my business address so I'll get my pipes on Monday! 10 days is pretty typical for my orders from them, but sometimes when they arrive here they can get stuck for a bit (just hope yours didn't go to Chicago, lol, mine was in and out of New York in a day and I assume that's where they send them these days and it's not November/December, so that's a plus).

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
I’m fairly confident that Petersons direct ordering website is ran by SmokingPipes EU. Give it about a month at most. Usually 2-3 weeks if the issues with Royal Mail are resolved
That is precisely it, mate. But Ireland has its own postal services, so it's not part of Royal Mail and thus service should not be affected.

Reactions: Piping Abe

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
I recieved my GPSS group pipe from Peterson. It was several years ago and l dont recall how long it took but do remember it was a pleasant transaction.

Before I tried to order direct, I’d give smokingpipes a call. They are excellent at finding what you want, especially with Petes. Also, just because it’s not on their website doesn’t mean that they don’t have access to it. Not saying they have extra’s around of everything , but they’ve been able to miraculously get me what I wanted that wasn’t on their website.

Also, smokingpipes has always had a way of making me feel like, me, a little ol’ nobody, feel like an old friend. It’s like having a buddy that works at a pipeshop. Not some big ass commercial operation that just runs on a computer and spreadsheets.
I have been impressed beyond belief at how personable they are, and how it seems like they are finding a pipe just for me.

Ray Popp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2022
Before I tried to order direct, I’d give smokingpipes a call. They are excellent at finding what you want, especially with Petes. Also, just because it’s not on their website doesn’t mean that they don’t have access to it. Not saying they have extra’s around of everything , but they’ve been able to miraculously get me what I wanted that wasn’t on their website.
Thanks ... but too late. Pipe is en route ... I'll ask next time ...

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Never ordered directly from Peterson 'cause I'm cheap. I still get good chunk of price off at SP, and I haven't seen a pipe that I can't live without.