PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstpuff101

Lurker
May 30, 2013
in my pipe
Just am worried because I ordered my stuff from him and I asked he told me the ships discretely to canada so I am now worried I only ordered about 156 grams of tabbacco and some supplies am I at risk of getting duties and tariffs thrown in my face because I looked on the Revenue canada page and I am allowed to import about 200 grams 7 ounces tax free in person of throw carrier

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
You are no longer allowed to receive 200g duty free I'm afraid, but in all reality, most of the time, small amounts slides under the radar. But it IS technically possible that you get taxed even on small amounts. I was taxed on a 50g tin once. But all in all, it's still cheaper than buying locally.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
I order 250grams at a time from 4noggins to Australia and from 6 orders, have never been taxed. If you are taxed you can either pay the duties, or return it to sender and repay postage.

firstpuff101

Lurker
May 30, 2013
in my pipe
Ok Thank you I ordered from a Canadian pipe place here in canada so I rather use them then him anymore but need a pipe tool probably buy one locally

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Welcome to the forums. I've no idea what Canadian duties on tobacco would be if you got "dinged" but probably not much, like the others said.
As for the forums, no offence but not everyone vegetates here at all times so it could be a while to get a response. A proper response as opposed to "heyy I dunno man ".....

firstpuff101

Lurker
May 30, 2013
in my pipe
Got my order thru customs in 2 minutes flat best 2 minutes of my life never had this happen wall ordering will order thro them again vary happy customer here

Status
Not open for further replies.