PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I only vacuumed SG tins that I was not sure where they vacuumed anymore. All was not opened before but couple of them I was able to open without any force so I thought that the seal was broken.
Pretty sure plastic covered vacuumed sealed tins will rust, this has been mentioned lots before, but lots don’t know. Anyhow my tins in a humidor rusted after something like 3-5 years. Open air is best for sealed tins. Vacuumed pouches would work though

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
I only vacuumed SG tins that I was not sure where they vacuumed anymore. All was not opened before but couple of them I was able to open without any force so I thought that the seal was broken.
my guess is the humidity from the tobacco sealed with the tin will still create premature tin rust especially on the outer part of the tin, but just letting you know for your sake my experience 😃

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
my guess is the humidity from the tobacco sealed with the tin will still create premature tin rust especially on the outer part of the tin, but just letting you know for your sake my experience 😃
I respect your advise and experience.
I now buy only round tins since they are much more reliable.

Reactions: elvishrunes