PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
And none of that wrapper residue!
No doubt. That was such a bummer and such a foolish oversight on their part.
I called them on the phone and spoke to the production manager about it and he told me it’s not residue but a chemical reaction between the tobacco and the coating on the black disc. Doh!

Reactions: seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
No doubt. That was such a bummer and such a foolish oversight on their part.
I called them on the phone and spoke to the production manager about it and he told me it’s not residue but a chemical reaction between the tobacco and the coating on the black disc. Doh!
If that's true, at least they are straight up about it

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Look at that leaf in pics 3 and 4. Completely natural, yet it looks like they dipped it in the liquid camo wrap!
I stayed away from this blend as my preference for Virginia’s are primarily of the made in the UK variety. But on my last trip to NY, I saw a lone tin of HH Pure Virginia sitting on the shelf at Barclay Rex and figured “what the heck”? Glad I did. This is now an everyday smoke for me.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I stayed away from this blend as my preference for Virginia’s are primarily of the made in the UK variety. But on my last trip to NY, I saw a lone tin of HH Pure Virginia sitting on the shelf at Barclay Rex and figured “what the heck”? Glad I did. This is now an everyday smoke for me.
I grabbed a pound of this and a pound of the Navy Flake as well on the last MB sale at SP a few weeks ago. They are some great flakes. I have yet to try the Burley Flake, so I just grabbed a tin of that along with some Anthology tins last night. Depending on how I like it, I may grab a pound or 3 of that next time.