PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I find if I am smoking that shape and just let it hang from my mouth that it will get hot because I am smoking while breathing. When I am not holding it in hand i don't pay much attention until it starts biting.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
So, like I said, I did try and english blend with it and to my surprise it was a different smoke. Previously I tried breaking it in with a brown virginia and some black cavendish aromatic, bad result. Then I tried a latakia heavy english blend (some perique, some turkish and some virgina), and it seemed a whole lot cooler that the prvious. The dissident factor here seems to be the cavendish. Could it be just in my head, or might there be a plausible explanation for my experience?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Could it be just in my head, or might there be a plausible explanation for my experience?"
Madox, all pipes smoke differently with each blend. I cannot tell you why this is so.
As an experiment, load up say four or six different pipes with the same blend...I guarantee you will experience four or six quite different smokes, some more pleasurable than others.
This is one of several things about pipesmoking that I am unable to explain.
Regards,
Jay.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
So it seems gentlemen ... so it seems. Thanks for the input, truly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.