PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cosmic recommended it and jiminks seconded the motion, and the price was $18 for a pound, so being a burley fan, I ordered a pound while watching the backwash of now Tropical Storm Michael soak the landscape outside. When I ordered, I was admonished, only five left. I guess that means there are only four left now, but I think there is still the Golden blend of burley and Virginia, which I also considered. This is my first D&R, now in plentiful supply.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cosmic, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Just for sport, I looked back at the listing, and sure enough, "only four left." I expect to smoke it mostly by itself, but it seems like it would be good to mix with other leaf too. A pound for eighteen bucks, what's not to like.

Jun 27, 2016
What's also interesting is that a lot of P&C tobacco inventory has gotten more & more trackable over time. A lot of people like to watch SPs inventory by overloading the cart and seeing how much actually goes in, & you never used to be able to do it at P&C, but recently I've noticed I can get the cart to tell me remaining inventory for a lot of stuff if they have less than 999 of something. This works best from the cart page, & it might not work with all blends. If you try it from the page with the actual tobacco on it & try to overload the cart with 999 from there, I've had it lock up the browser & had to delete cookies before I could get the cart to stop locking up after re-loading the page. But if you click on edit cart after adding a tin from the tobacco page, you can add 999 from there & hit update & see what happens. Usually it won't lock up the browser if you do it from there. If they have 999 or more, or if it won't work with the item, usually it will load the cart with 999. But if they have less, it will prompt you with a message, or hovering over the number after you update it sometimes brings up a message with the smaller number in stock. :puffpipe:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
After smoking through a tin, I went for the pound bag of Picayune. Stout stuff and for $20.00 how wrong could I go...

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Recently bought a pound of Picayune.

Glad to hear it ages well.

That stuff packs a powerful punch!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cosmic, tried the Semois in a broad bowl, and it does bring up the cigar leaf flavors, whereas in a tall average/narrow bowl, it is more the burley nutty taste that prevails. Interesting difference.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
mso489, don't let the dry presentation deter you from appreciating the quality and flavor in this tobacco..

For me, it wasn't absolutely fantastic right off, but now it's a staple.

I've found that to be true of all new to me burley blends. These seem to require ME to smoke many bowls before I've found the groove.
Also: just a little SWRA with this (we're talkin TwoTimer, toasted burley here) as a base will stretch your Aromatic dollar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you, newbroom. I'll report back. Two Timer has shipped. I believe it will be good in itself and an excellent mixer.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Tom: Two Timer, if smoked in a big bowl, might make you a tad thirsty, so have a drink near by.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks jim'. I'm glad to hear it is a sturdy tobacco, but i'll take something iced with it. By the way, the 1-pound bag of Two Timer is back-ordered now. There are some admirers out there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Two Timer got here, and I've transferred it mostly into two jars. i'll say more later, but the first impression is of a highly refined all-burley blend. Imagine my surprise when I saw on the bag the post office address of Daughters and Ryan, the blender, in Smithfield N.C., right up the road on the way to my late wife's family home about a third of the way to Kinston. I wonder if most of the leaf is from N.C. First puffs, I'm taken with how subtle and complex this is for good old burley, indeed. I've gone through Smithfield many hundreds of times on the way to Kinston and the coast.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've found that a ratio of 2 burley to one VA (TwoTimer/3 Sails) makes a nice smoke. The VA is sweet, the burley tends to sour-ish.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The rest of the first bowl was also good. I can see this as a go-to blend and a good mix with other blends to add that burley twang. I do have plenty of it! Here's a link:

https://daughtersandryan.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.