PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Probably not much fly fishing on Mars.....I'll pass.
You never know...NASA keeps a lot under their hat.
@Chris: It’s just an application fee. The actual funding for the project would have to come from sponsors.
This must be a joke. There's a long list of problems to overcome to put humans on Mars, without even thinking of starting a permanent colony. NASA is planning a trip in 30 years, how can they do it in 10? I see some pretty big law suits ahead for that company.
Whether they can actually pull it off or not, only time will tell. I suspect that the “powers that be” won’t allow it...unless of course they want it to happen. Unlike NASA, they don’t have to worry about bringing people back, which I’m sure greatly simplifies things.
There are many other issues involving NASA that I wouldn’t attempt to comment on here...in part because it would probably be too political. But one is that there has long been a power struggle between manned missions vs robotic...resources have not been put into developing manned missions (at least not that we know of).
@4dot & Peck: Someone stands to become the first Martian tobacco magnate. That Martian soil might produce blends that are simply out-of-this-world.
I would guess that this trip appeals to people who have nothing keeping them on Earth.
That category seems to be ever increasing.
Ya, she sucks as a person, that's true. But, DAMN, Jane was hot!
That she was.
Is this a reward or punishment?
It’s an escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.