One Pic Of Your Best Smoker, And A Memory To Go With It.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Granted I have only had this for not even a work week... But it is all I have used since!! ALL of my bowls have burned completely through and have been cool and dry. This is also my first brand new pipe and I'm wanting to think thats the reason its so nice but are cobs just seriously this awesome!!
My memory of it is the surprise I received when I woke to my girlfriends smiling face saying "look what I got you!" Also, I am a type of person that doesn't like people to buy things for me or go out of their way to do something, although it is appreciated :), and a cob isn't a bank breaker. I showed her the Dracula series petersons and she asked how much it was, my birthday is on the 16th, so I quickly changed the subject LOL. I guess she cought on and went this way ;)

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois

Old Wellington Pete system copy I picked up on Ebay-it's basically a poor man's Peterson System 317. Third pipe I bought, and the first really "good" one. Also the only one of the first three that I still own. I had no idea what I was getting or what made a good pipe, but I got really lucky because this thing smokes absolutely perfectly-cool and dry no matter what I do, it really smokes itself. I guess the memory here would be that this pipe was the beginning of my obsession with the hobby-this was the "point of no return," which I'm sure anyonw hangin around here is familiar with. It was a tough choice between this and my Peterson System 312 for best smoker, and I'll contribute the Wellington winning out to its age and the Peterson's extraordinary break in period... It'll be interesting to compare them later down the road.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Erichbaumer,
I have the same pipe. It was my very first pipe and I must say, it smokes surprisingly well.

tonguebitepipecleaner

Might Stick Around
Apr 26, 2013
My memory of it is the surprise I received when I woke to my girlfriends smiling face saying "look what I got you!"
She was repaying you for all the times you woke her with your pipe muahaha, seriously though I like that something as simple as a corncob is your best, I have my first one on the way!

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Homeatsea- Been wondering how many other people have one, they're a steal if you find one in good condition at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.