PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I guess my taste buds are not as good as others. When I smoke 3-4 bowls in a day, all with different blends, I can't seem to appreciate each one as perhaps the prior smokes with other blends messes up my palate. So, I pretty much smoke multiple bowls of the same blend each day which helps me get a truer taste of what I am smoking. In the evenings, I do tend to light up an aromatic for after dinner dessert.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Obviously from the posts, circumstances may dictate how many different blends you smoke. If most of your smoking is done while you're out, it may be very difficult to carry multiple tins. Most of my smoking is done in my office/man cave, I rarely smoke the same blend twice in a row. I smoke 6 to 8 bowls per day all different blends.
I don't eat breakfast cereal 3 straight meals. Or steak. Or anything else for that matter. So why would I smoke the same blend all day? To each their own however. I have around 20 different blends open at the moment.

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
Very good point @Hoosierpipeguy never thought of it like that! All very good input, neat how diverse

The group is. So many different styles and yet so many similarities!

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I usually smoke different blends during the week: Lat blends, Va blends, Burley blends. But if I get to smoke in the morning, I will always smoke Chelsea Morning before something else.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've got over 80 blends in the closet and just pull out a jar and smoke it until it's gone then on to the next. I've got holiday specific pipes that I break up the routine with, but that's rare.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I frequently smoke several bowls of the same blend in a variety of pipes, to taste how each pipe contributes to the experience.

I enjoy variety but also consistency. I've become more 'consistent' over time, realizing what suits me is simple combinations of Virginia and Burley tobacco.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
I smoked a real stinker last night , gave it a chance too , but ended up dumping it out
Ahhh , the joys of a good premium tobacco blend ..

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Varies for me. Usually depends on where I'm at & what my purpose is. I'll usually have Black Frigate or some other C&D blend, my regular aro from Gatlinburlier, 3 Nuns, or whatever tin I grab before leaving the house. Normally I'll smoke at least 2-3 of one before switching out.

Status
Not open for further replies.