PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
My current favorites are C&D Founding Fathers, Sutliff Apple and good ol Lane 1Q

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Erinmore Flake is as close as I can go into aromatics. I like GL Pease blends and have been thinking of trying his Vanilla Cream.

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I smoked aros of one type or another from the time I was 18 to when I quit at 40 and I have to say that Lane's 1Q is as about as good an aro as you will find. If you want it a little smoother, just mix a bunch of BCA in with it and give it a little drying time. That was, and now that I'm back into smoking a pipe again; is still my "go to" aromatic. That being said I'm now getting a little more into English blends...Especially "split the difference" blends....I find they seem to provide the best of both worlds and unlike true heavy english blends, the wife doesn't give me too much grief about the smell and one less thing for her to complain about is a win / win for me.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
1. Extinct- Mc Clelland Easy Street. 1. Living and well Savinelli Aroma and Sutliff Vanilla Latte.- Sorry it is a tie with the ones living... :D

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Too many good aromatics to choose from. You might as well ask me which of my grand-daughters I love the most.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I don’t really consider Condor & St. Bruno to be aromatics I prefer to call them Scented Tobaccos. I see aromatics more as being flavored with things we would commonly see in foods and desserts, that being said some countries use rose and other florals in foods, drinks and candies so it’s not exact. Anyway, my favorite full on aromatic without a doubt is:
DTM Blue Note
It’s been with me since the start and I still always keep it on hand. Wonderful flavors that don’t just come through in the room note but it’s one where the tin note translates to taste. Just delicious and will get you a lot of compliments, even by none smokers. The Tobaccos are of high quality and it’s more of a RR than a ribbon cut, if you buy it by the pound you’ll see a lot of loosely rubbed out flakes. Will ghost your pipe so it’s worth dedicating a briar or a cob to it. No other aromatic has ever come even remotely close in my opinion and it has decent nicotine to boot.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Actually I take that back, Glenn Piper is up there with Blue Note and I enjoy Bagpipers Dream as well. So, yeah, can’t just pick one but as far as heavily flavored aromatics go, those three are my top dogs. Crossovers such as Pembroke (or SH Cognac Mixture) and Black Frigate are also nice from time to time.
Scented blends:
Condor Plug

Condor LC

Condor RR

St. Bruno RR

St. Bruno Flake

GH Dark Flake Scented

GH Kendal Flake

GH Ennerdale

GH Westmorland Slices (lightly scented)

SG Bracken Flake

SG Kendal Cream

SG Grousemore

SG RB Plug

SG Canon Plug

HU Sissinghurst

HU Daddy Gefftl

HU Hadde’s Best Irish

Never ask a man to pick just one, cause you’ll never get “the one” response. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe Granger, because no one thinks of it as an aromatic, but I have it on good authority that it is. Kentucky rough cut with a little, what? Anisette or something.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
GH Dark Flake scented,Ennerdale and Bosun are my regular aromatics.

dont like any of the cherry,vanilla,maple type aros that I have tried,In fact GH top balck cherry was one I actually threw away before the tin was empty

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Lane's 1Q and Cult Blood Red Moon are my top aromatics.
Still have a good amount of them in the cellar, but these days it's more VaPers, VAs, or Dark Fired Kentucky blends that are in my regular rotation.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
McClelland Deep Hollow, GLP The Vanilla Cream, GH Ennerdale, Grasmere, Condor, 1792. There are others but these are in rotation right now.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Favorite aromatics:
GH American Delight

GH Bob's Chocolate Flake

GH Cherry Cream Flake

GH Ennerdale Flake

GH Kendal Flake

PS Sambuca

Skandanavik Full Aroma
I also like Sutliff Black Cordial. I don't smoke it straight but mix a little with another blend that I want to liven up or sweeten.

lyle37

Lurker
Oct 8, 2016
Well I’ve really enjoyed reading the above comments, thinking about the original question I’d have to say my favorite aromatic would be Drew Estate’s Harvest on Hudson. When I heard they were going to stop producing pipe tobacco I stocked up, but am slowly running out. It’s such a unique taste and room note. Perhaps one of you know a substitute for it? Drew Estate produced sevral similar blends, all of which I’m missing now.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
My "one" aro to rule all other aromatics would be The Country Squire's Rivendell. It is the only aromatic I would need in my tobacco rotation.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
I don't smoke many aros, but my favorites are Dunhill Royal Yacht, Ratrays Exotic Orange (now Passion), and McClelland Deep Hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.