PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Unbelievable. The bid is up to $85 on this "Dunny" and still going. I think I'll relist my "Barling" with the description: The Very rare elusive Barling T.V. Pipe.
Kidding obviously. I keep that abomination displayed on my workbench to remind me to do my homework on a listing before pulling the trigger.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Those kinds of people are out there, always were and probably always will be. As a group we should keep tabs on their seller names and make sure we all steer clear of them. Maybe a sticky "known questionable sellers". Honest mistakes are just that but when a seller deliberately continues a questionable listing, they have chosen to put themselves in the category of "questionable". There will likely as not be plenty that will bid on those kinds of auctions but at least we will have a place to check for known offenders. We can't change Ebay but we can be a resource to each other. Any thoughts?

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I keep that abomination displayed on my workbench to remind me to do my homework on a listing before pulling the trigger.
It's not just Ebay that is filled with questionable sellers selling questionable things. You can buy a Rolex in Chinatown for 20 bucks. Phony purses, watches, DVD's etc. are abundant. The calls of Gucci-Gucci, Prada-Prada are pretty common which leads one to believe that a lot of people are either A: Stupid and think they just bought a Gucci bag for 25 bucks, or B: just don't give a rats ass that they are buying fakes and supporting this behavior.
Sleazeballs won't change. Not that I agree at all with the sellers tactics, but in our world, the ONUS is ALWAYS on the buyer. Do your homework. Educate yourself so you know what you're buying. Seek help of experts if you have questions or concerns when you are spending a lot of money. It's just common sense, really.
Now I'm off to go smoke my B.S.O.S.M. match blend and drink a cold can of Dr. Thunder. :puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I contacted EBay and spoke to a supervisor about this seller and his two fake listings. Hopefully EBay can close these listings as well as the seller's account. I also suggested that EBay get the Internet address so the person can't create a new ID and continue scamming people.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
After being carpet bombed with comments from forum members, he has changed the listings and said they are fakes. If people want to continue to bid on it, it's a free country...kind of.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
It's just a result of the evolutionary process. Primitive, crude creatures with stubby fins crawling from the primordial ooze which is Craigslist and are now making forays into what was once the dry land known as eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.