PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Anyone here have any opinion on / experience with Oldenkott pipes ? Just interested as smokers, not interested in their Porsche pipes. Limited info on Pipedia.
thanks

Chris from Cigarworld

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2022
Lübeck, Germany
www.cigarworld.de
Anyone here have any opinion on / experience with Oldenkott pipes ? Just interested as smokers, not interested in their Porsche pipes. Limited info on Pipedia.
thanks
Oldenkott was once one of the major German Pipebrands.
They made thousands, maybe even millions of pipes of different qulities, but mainly lower end till middle class.
If you like, you can run this two blog articles through a translator. Author Ralf Dings (known for YouTube Videos as well) as written something about the history of Oldenkott and the City of Rees: REES-DIE VERGESSENE HOCHBURG DER PFEIFE - https://rallis.blog/2022/07/26/rees-die-vergessene-hochburg-der-pfeife/ Second part: REES-DIE VERGESSENE HOCHBURG DER PFEIFE TEIL 2 - https://rallis.blog/2022/07/30/rees-die-vergessene-hochburg-der-pfeife-teil-2/.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Thanks all, especially Chris. I just ordered one from SP. It was really cheap, so maybe it won't be the best smoker, but the esthetics of the pipe were such that I just had to order it.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Thanks all, especially Chris. I just ordered one from SP. It was really cheap, so maybe it won't be the best smoker, but the esthetics of the pipe were such that I just had to order it.

Again, that old scheme cheap smoker - poor smoker. This forum is full of threads discussing right that. Why not wait, until you really have smoked it? And then complain or not complain. Wondering why you purchased that „cheap“ pipe anyways.