PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
This is a blend that Ive grown to like more and more. Originally it was a little too much for me but its grown on me now that I know what to expect. Its kind of like food thats really rich and tasty but not something you want to eat all the time. But when you do, man its good.

I know it doesn't have cigar leaf but I swear every now and then I get a faint cigar note which I enjoy. Has anyone else experienced that?

Reactions: danimalia

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The original is the one everyone means when they talk about OJK. The blue, red, white varieties are something else.

Reactions: olkofri

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I emailed awhile back asking if they were ever going to put some nice tin art on the original and the response was while it needs it and it was thought about it never got done. I suggested have a contest and let us do the work :sher:

I also mentioned a kake option or limited edition run of kake...

Reactions: brian64

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I smoked a fair amount of OJK last winter and liked it a lot, but I haven't touched it in a while. This thread got me to crack a jar of it, and it is WAY better than I remember. I'm getting a lot more sweetness from it that I used to. Just a wonderful, filling smoke. I smoked a few cobs of it today and need to start cellaring it deep.

Reactions: jon11 and 3rdguy

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
This is a blend that Ive grown to like more and more. Originally it was a little too much for me but its grown on me now that I know what to expect. Its kind of like food thats really rich and tasty but not something you want to eat all the time. But when you do, man its good.

I know it doesn't have cigar leaf but I swear every now and then I get a faint cigar note which I enjoy. Has anyone else experienced that?

Sure, I do. I think it's in the woodiness of the burley, as I get that sensation with other C&D burleys. They're flavored less than many other commercial burley blends, which means they're a bit plainer, but there is some dimension and nuance to them that I find missing in some of the more flavored burley blends.

Reactions: Worknman
Status
Not open for further replies.