PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Every time I take a break from this blend and come back to it, I realize why I have so much of it cellared. This for me is a comfort blend that is so easy to manage. It packs, lights, and stays lit without effort. It gives a consistent taste, lots of smoke, and warms my soul. This my friends is a classic!

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I just received OJK og 8oz, OJK white 4oz, OJK blue 4oz, and OJK red 4 oz bulk from SmokingPipes.com today. I’ll be sampling a bit of each before I jar it up. The OG is my favorite blend and I was just curious enough to order the others.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This for me is a comfort blend that is so easy to manage. It packs, lights, and stays lit without effort. It gives a consistent taste, lots of smoke, and warms my soul. This my friends is a classic!

If OJK was the only blend I could have (in some post-apocalyptic scenario) I'd be ok with that for precisely the reasons you stated.

Reactions: jon11 and 3rdguy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As I guess all know, there is a whole series of OJK now. I like the original a lot, and have some on hand. I haven't tried any of the other, because the original is just about right to me.

Reactions: danimalia

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
What shape do you find it smokes best in? I like it in a Sav 315.
I like to smoke it in my larger pipes. Now with that being said, I prefer small pipes, so to most others it would be medium sized wider bowled pipes. Narrow tall bowls don’t really work for this blend as it seems to get too harsh and ashy.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I've never tried OJK. It's on my order list. Haunted bookshop is one of my all time favorites, so I'm sure I'll like it

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I've never tried OJK. It's on my order list. Haunted bookshop is one of my all time favorites, so I'm sure I'll like it

I much prefer OJK to HB, but it's just individual taste...others prefer HB.

As I guess all know, there is a whole series of OJK now. I like the original a lot, and have some on hand. I haven't tried any of the other, because the original is just about right to me.

I've only had the original. I like it so much that I haven't really been interested in the other variations after reading about them...they all sound to me like something less appealing than the original.

Reactions: logs and jon11

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I like to smoke it in my larger pipes. Now with that being said, I prefer small pipes, so to most others it would be medium sized wider bowled pipes. Narrow tall bowls don’t really work for this blend as it seems to get too harsh and ashy.

Same here. I recently added a 315 Hercules EX just for OJK. They are matching up nicely.

Reactions: jon11

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I like it quite a bit. My last batch, I kept in the center console of my car, because it is such an easy blend to smoke that it was perfect for driving.
Is it high in nicotine? I’m a bit of a nicotine lightweight, so have been a bit hesitant.

It is pretty stout. Not as strong as some of the darker flakes and ropes from the Gawiths, but it has some punch.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I dislike nicotine quite a bit but have learned to tolerate it since it usually goes hand in hand with the more flavorful blends. If someone could invent a nicotine-free blend that tasted like Dunhill virginias or Old Joe Krantz I'd be a happy guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.