PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
How was Joyce dealing with samples?

Joyce had some generous prepackaged samples and then it was serve yourself. When Lasse and Nicole where representing STG/Lane/TPL at the Gateway Pipe Show three weeks ago the were doing like they did at the WCPS bagging the samples by request.
I'll point out that behind Rich in number 6 is "DR" Dennis Congos DOP. Dennis is one of the very few guys who attends most of the pipe shows across the country.
5) is Paige Simms 8O

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Looks like you guys had fun. I always love seeing pictures from pipe clubs, gatherings, pipe shows, etc. I hope I can attend one in a very near future.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
That looks like loads of fun, thanks for the pics and info to everyone who contributed!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Thanks for the info, folks. Looks like you all had a great time!
Wish that I could have been there, but pressing family and business matters prevailed.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@dread. It was fun. I left my house at 5:45 am, and got back home at 7 am. My wife asked, "was it worth it?". I have her a big smile and an emphatic "yes".

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks Dave! I now now that lax is not Los Angeles International, but for lacrosse!
Closer, but still no cigar. :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Crosse,_Wisconsin

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, he told me it was for the sport (lax = lacrosse), so you'll have to take that up with Dave. He did mention that he was from Wisconsin.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a good turn-out and some serious exhibitors, and a good time had by all. I like the $5 pipe basket. I know there were some good ones in there somewhere. Also the extra shot of the inside of the J.R. humidor; it looks expansive, one of the larger ones, I'd say. I also spotted the poster for the TAPS (N.C.) pipe show April 8.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I wanted to make sure that poster for the TAPS show was in a picture, the guy traveled all the way up from NC to NYC to sponsor a table.

inquisitor3

Lurker
Jun 20, 2017
I've been to this show several times, but not recently. Can you rent a table and sell vintage jarred tobaccos? I've got lots of blends going back to the late 90's!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Can you rent a table and sell vintage jarred tobaccos? I've got lots of blends going back to the late 90's!
Yes, and the table rate is very reasonable! Next years show date should be announced later this fall but it will probably be the same weekend as last year. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.