PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dodged a huge bullet here in Bethlehem, Pa. We only got about -8 inches. The sun is out and that's helping with the street condiditons but the wind is blowing at about 25 mph. Spring is only 42 days away.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
At least my shipment of FVF came in before the storm!

Islip-20130209-00858.jpg

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
I'm in western Massachusetts. We got around 20 inches with really deep snow drifts. Luckily we did not lose power. Spent 2 hours earlier just digging the two cars in the driveway out so that when the guy who plows the driveway comes, he'll be able to see the cars! With the drifts it took me about 15 minutes to snowblow a path from the garage to the two cars -- and I have a 32" wide Simplicity that is a beast and normally goes through snow like hot butter. But I had to nibble away at this snow -- it was just too high to just blast through. Not fun. But in a few minutes, I'm going to head down to the garage, open one of the doors, and enjoy a bowl of Larry's Blend in my new Luciano while taking in the white. Everywhere is white, white, white.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I measured it and we got a grand 14" total. My in laws got closer to 18". Went snowman hunting today and the snow was so soft, we had to use a plastic garbage can to tamp the snow into to make it retain its shape. It was light enough that when the water filler jug in the center got hit, the snowman fell apart satisfactorily.
-Jason

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I say BRING IT ON! All the people in my development below my hill are kinda screwed though. Last major storm, they got inside their homes using small watercraft, not a pretty sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.