PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
18 inches here in Southern NH. The sad thing is that on Monday there was NO snow on the ground except in the deep valleys or in the mountains. Now it's a winter wonderland again. Hopefully it'll kill the ticks and black flies.
I suppose it's better than 13,000 years ago during the Last Glacial Maximum when ice 3 to 4 kilometers thick covered everything here. :wink: How's that for Climate Change!

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
fitzy -
Damn Frank. Do you get slammed with lake effect snows as well?
I'm on the outer edge of Lake Ontario, about 40 minutes south. Just below Syracuse. So we get the fringe of that effect. I get a lot of the lake effect off Oneida Lake, which is 15 minutes from me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
From Bethlehem, PA. I hate this stuff. 14"of yuck.
xXpOQ1o.jpg

F8cFgHt.jpg

xfbrSZy.jpg

Jun 27, 2016
Yeah looks like you got what we got, all saturated snow, heavy as can be. Thankfully my neighbor was so happy that I got his machine going that he took care of my driveway with it. I shoveled my walks and each scoop was pretty heavy. Cleaning the cars was easy, stuff slid off of one in big sheets, and it will eventually melt off of the other one. =)

Jun 27, 2016
Stuff must have frozen solid last night, I'm able to walk on top of the ice crust and 4" of watered-down snow beneath it, even above the grass. Yesterday I could only do that mostly above non-permeable surfaces. It's been flurrying all day today as well, but no real accumulation to speak of.

Jun 27, 2016
I would call that North Jersey, just north of Central Jersey. Lots of big houses there nowadays. I want to say that B'hem is at least a couple of hours away from me. Went there once to see the Christmas decorations when I was a kid. Did you go to work at the Steel Mill in some capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.