PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahpui

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2012
Brought a similar one, the jack range. I believe it is smaller compared to the Aces and rustication at the bent.
Real nice pipe and real light.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Anthony:
LMAO!
Not at the pipe - which is drop dead beautiful - but at the way you took us all through the arrival and opening.
However, there are two pix missing: the one of your mailbox and, finally, that smouldering burner hanging out of your cakehole.
In a hundred years I hope your grandchildren will still be smoking this burner, Anthony.
Fnord

Jan 8, 2013
Very much worth the wait :) Is it weird that even when not smoking it, I keep picking it up just to hold it and look at it?
Fnord, I'll have to remember to post a pic of me puffing away on it next time I light her up. :) I would indeed like to leave my pipes behind for someone, but at 39 years old with no children of my own yet it's not looking like I'll have kids, much less grandkids. But you never know.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Is it weird that even when not smoking it, I keep picking it up just to hold it and look at it?
A pipe like that? Not at all. That's a really nice pipe and I bet it smokes like a dream. The only Nording I've smoked was perfectly drilled with a very open draw. That one is a real looker. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jan 8, 2013
I didn't expect to see this thread open again :)
Pitchfork, the new pipe is indeed drilled perfectly, with a good open draw. And it smokes pretty good so far. I'm sure she'll smoke even better once I break her in a bit :)

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
The first time I smoked a Nording -- with it's nice, easy draw, was when I first realized how pleasurable a well made pipe could be. Before that, I had only smoked Grabows, basket pipes and my then new Peterson, which had a very restricted draw (I've long since opened that baby up).
What do you like to smoke in yours, Anthony?

Jan 8, 2013
The first smoke, Pichfork, was Captain Black Dark mixed with a bit of Black House. I've discovered the two go very well together.
And thanks, Kashmir.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Whoa Anthony that pipe is a seriously nice looking piece! I am a big fan of his black grain line and that reminds me of it...is it a black grain?
However, there are two pix missing: the one of your mailbox and, finally, that smouldering burner hanging out of your cakehole.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.