PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
Not bought a pipe in probably 5-6 yrs... bought a few estate lots, restored them sold about 30 and kept 4.

Kinda want a new pipe, and although I prefer 9mm filters, the Nording Compass (Army Green especially) caught my eye.

Anyone have one? Like? Hate?

May sound weird but, looking for a driving pipe (gunmetal grey matches my car) so not after something worth a bunch, but also don't wanna drive around with a corncob hanging out of my mouth. Something a bit nicer, though my first pipe was a cob and I still smoke that thing all the time. Absolutely shocked they last that long.

02_2020_008FL_600x.jpg

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
Never even thought about that... I'm a big guy and 6'3" tall, so a tiny pipe looks goofy to smoke. :D

Looking online, they seem on par with a corn cob pipe. Like 2mm shorter, 3mm taller. Basically same size. Not bad for driving. And I hear very light.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
They are very light. If I had to really save on size and weight, say for a backpacking trip, it could be a good choice.

Reactions: geoffs

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
Ya, I was thinking (from the description) it was a workhorse pipe so probably be fine to leave in the car. And if stolen, a bit easier on the wallet vs a $200 pipe. When driving, a light pipe would be good as well, keep hands on the wheel more.

Reactions: shanez

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Not to be a downer, but I would suggest a bent pipe for use while driving. For visibility, and (heaven forbid) you're ever in an accident, the bent pipe seems less likely to cause harm (I'm trying to avoid being graphic, but hopefully you get the idea)

Reactions: ophiuchus

throbinson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2014
Zurich, ON (Canada)
Shame it didn't come with shaped stems. Being basically a metal pipe/tube, it would be easy for them to do.

Does it detach? Fill with sand to keep from linking or callapsing, bend it yourself, like brake lines. 😁

Any suggestions for other pipes? Nice looking, same rice range?

See ones on Amazon.ca and AliExpress but, not sure about the woods used... Not sure which woods are safe to smoke from, but rather stick to the ones I know. That said, even some of those China factory made pipes are as much as a handmade one.