PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
Non GH/SG products that scratch the floral Lakeland itch for me are: Irish made Condor (I've not had the Polish made); Mixture 79 and clones; and House of Windsor Field & Stream.

The Mixture 79 clones that I know of are Peretti No Name and Uhle 255. I like Peretti No Name better than 79 as I think Peretti uses higher quality the base tobacco. Uhle 255 is maybe less a clone and mor elike in the same genre; it's less topped than 79 or No Name but the burley is very fine.

HOW Field & Stream is no more. Unfortunately, the Sutliff Match is not very floral.

Present day St. Bruno is very, very light in the floral department. If Ennerdale is 10 on the floral scale, St. Bruno is 0.1. Erinmore is not floral in the least.

HU Sissinghurst is said to be in the "English floral style."

If anyone has Warrior or old St. Bruno to sell, please let me know!
i wish I could get my hands on some ennerdale. Its polarity in popularity appeals to me strongly.

Reactions: mingc
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Just looked this blend up for the first time and it sounds amazing. Do all of the spices and toppings really come through? Is this something I can get in the US?
Esterval’s in Germany has it, and ships to the US, but it’s kind of a crap shoot. Some shipments have been turned back to Germany, for some reason, but I’m not completely sure what’s up with that, or what the current status on all of that is.
But yeah, it’s a great blend. The warm spices are kind of in the background, with the jasmine and vanilla being slightly more prominent, but the tobacco being in the forefront.
Closest domestic blend that I have found so far is C&D Sun Bear, a yearly limited release. It’s not exactly the same, but they share some similarities.

VegetableSpoons

Might Stick Around
Sep 3, 2021
Harford, Maryland
Esterval’s in Germany has it, and ships to the US, but it’s kind of a crap shoot. Some shipments have been turned back to Germany, for some reason, but I’m not completely sure what’s up with that, or what the current status on all of that is.
But yeah, it’s a great blend. The warm spices are kind of in the background, with the jasmine and vanilla being slightly more prominent, but the tobacco being in the forefront.
Closest domestic blend that I have found so far is C&D Sun Bear, a yearly limited release. It’s not exactly the same, but they share some similarities.
Picked up a few tins of that, guess it's time to crack one open!

Reactions: Country Bladesmith