PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
Sable, Yes I'm in England.

My original post was a reply to someone asking can you use PayPal with any UK Tobacconists but I wasn't thinking about overseas purchases just whether they took PayPal.

As far as I'm aware none of the Uk Tobacconists will allow overseas sales because of credit card restrictions which always seemed a bit odd to me.

Credit card companies are global businesses and I can order tobacco to the UK from America using a credit card yet you can't do the reverse. Seems a bit strange to me that's all.
Chris

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I was curious about ordering from GQ Tobaccos and checked their web site. On the masthead is the warning printed in red:

"Unfortunately we cannot ship tobacco outside of the UK. However Pipes and accessories are allowed."

Ah well.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
As far as I'm aware none of the Uk Tobacconists will allow overseas sales because of credit card restrictions which always seemed a bit odd to me.

Credit card companies are global businesses and I can order tobacco to the UK from America using a credit card yet you can't do the reverse. Seems a bit strange to me that's all.
I can give you a very general answer, as well as I understand it from my ex, who handled a lot of international credit law as a General Counsel for B of A. Very simply, several years ago the systems for handling international consumer credit card transactions were revised to streamline a very convoluted set of agreements, but as a consequence, certain restricted items which were complicated to handle because of a myriad of regulations in different jurisdictions, were simply removed from the scope of international consumer transactions that could be handled with a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.