PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
So the Match tobacco will be the only way to enjoy Dunhill from now on, unless a blending house picks up the recipes and Brand Names.
It's possible that the blends may show up again, but the brand names won't. Dunhill doesn't want to be associated with pipe tobacco anymore.
Russ

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I have about 5 tins of their flake & will miss that.

One of if not my favorite tobaccos.

Now to find a close resemblance.

brucem

Lurker
Aug 16, 2018
I stumbled on the nightcap as one of my first blends and fell in love with it, bought 30 tins to cellar and glad I did. I'll find another I'm sure.

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I will mourn the loss of Nightcap. Honestly I didn't like it at first so I put it in a jar and forgot for six months. When I tried it again I loved it. Light aging does wonders for it. Consistently delicious and satisfyin and easy. I made a video a month and a half ago warning people to stock up but I have no Audience.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Some of my friends said that dunhill's pipe tobacco will be produced by kohlhase & kopp in a near future. Is that true? If it's true, then it solved so many of dunhill's tobacco lovers :D

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's all speculation right now. The most recent rumor I've heard is that STG will continue to produce the blends distributing them via K&K under new names (same recipes).
Dunhill Flake was the only blend I actually got into. I have about ten tins of it in the cellar.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah, my B&M guy is convinced that Dunhill isn't going anywhere, in one form or another. However, his assurances didn't stop me from picking up three tins each of Nightcap and Royal Yacht, and I can't help but notice that most Dunhill blends are conspicuously absent from his shelves...

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
It's possible that the blends may show up again, but the brand names won't. Dunhill doesn't want to be associated with pipe tobacco anymore.
Russ
Well that’s sounds good. I don’t want Dunhill to be associated with Tobacco Pipes any longer. Good riddance to a British Novelty. :puffy:

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
No company is going to be able to put Dunhill's blends back on the market without going through the FDA "substantial equivalency" process. Nobody knows how burdensome the FDA process will be (hint: probably excessively burdensome, and intentionally so).
It's highly likely that Dunhill blends are gone for good. Make no mistake, the FDA is attempting to regulate smoking out of existence. It's pure zealotry, and a "moral panic" rather than a rational action, as I've discussed on this forum. Of course, there will be pushback, and pipe smoking and other forms of smoking will continue, but there will be casualties, and Dunhill blends are on the chopping block.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The sun set on the British Empire long ago, and Dunhill tobaccos, over the last 30 years or so, have been eclipsed by many other English style blends. Time to stop crying over spilled milk and find an equivalent or better.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I noticed tonight that L.J. Peretti and 4noggins have Nightcap in stock.
Early on in my pipe smoking I acquired 9 different tins of Dunhill blends and have yet to find one I like. I haven't yet opened my Nightcap or Elizabethan, but I'm not hopeful.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Well, SPC confirms that they will not be receiving any more Dunhill blends after the current in stock blends are sold. Other sites confirm this as well. Although I loved several of them, there are definitely others that will fill the bill, and often exceed them in many ways.
Not in mourning....just rebooting and reprogramming....URK....OP......there...all set....where's my Plum Pudding????
CW

celticbrewer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2018
Looks like I have some more English blends to try out! Sad nightcap is gone - but looking forward to trying some of the suggested blends :)

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Looks like I have some more English blends to try out! Sad nightcap is gone - but looking forward to trying some of the suggested blends
I like Nightcap and 965, my two favorite English blends. Next to that, GLP Quiet Nights is good too.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Night Cap was the first really full mixture I ever smoked.I thought it was great then.Haven't smoked it since the late 90s.

I have a few tins somewhere,and some match from pipes and cigars.com.All these mess decks rumors are getting me interested

In returning to it

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
No company is going to be able to put Dunhill's blends back on the market without going through the FDA "substantial equivalency" process.
Not true. STG could continue producing them under a different name until 8-2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.