PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I've smoked tobaccos that threatened to sit me down that had no effect on others.
This is exactly the problem. Some people can handle the nicotine and others can't.
Have you eaten? How much did you smoke? Did you inhale?
Personally my sensitivity to nicotine is a constant challenge for me. For example, I love Irish Flake, but if I smoke too much at once I'll regret having picked up the pipe that day.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I've been smoking Lane Crown Achievement and Hearth & Home "Black House." Especially the Black House: If I smoke it a little too fast, it'll make me feel a bit woozy and make my stomach hurt. (I smoked cigarettes for 27 years.)

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I've been smoking ciggys for 15 years now so i'm used to nicotine (although not inmune).

Every single time i let my guard down and inhale a puff off Five Brothers is like getting hit in the head with a cartoon mallet within 10 seconds of inhaling.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Peterson Irish Flake and Dunhill Royal Yact. Can't finish even a small bowl of either without making my head spin.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Warrior Plug, good amount of nic when still wet/moist. Eventhough I smoked ciggs for years.
This is getting to be a good list of vit-N tobaccos. Got me wanting to try some of them. So I'm going back and make a list.
John

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I've been a smoker for years and I inhale as well :oops: and the only tobacco that ever gave me pause was a rope that Morton had me try on a smoke night. First time I ever have my lips start feeling numb..... it was wonderful. lol

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Briar Fox and Irish Flake when I first began smoking them.
Every once in a while I'll be surprised by a tobacco I've smoked for months with no hint of a nicotine hit - and then one day I get up from smoking and I'm a bit wobbly on my feet.

May 31, 2012
One not listed yet,

Robert McConnell Latakia Flake
- it's not really a Lat tasting blend, more St. Brunolike almost,

as well as being scrumptiously delicious, it gives a gloriously satisfying N hit.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've recently made comparisons with 3 C&D blends that have ratings as strong in the nic dept.

Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, and Big n Burley.

Of the 3, I find the Big 'n Burley to have the most serious nic hit and also an overall cigar like quality.

Jan 8, 2013
G&H Rum Twist snuck up on me once and really put me out of condition for a day. Nicotine never bothered me before... I was a long time cigarette smoker. Finally gave them up at the end of last February. Since then, my nicotine shield has dropped a bit :)

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
A Brazilian rope, Arapiraca Castanho Super Forte (aka Brown Super Strong) from the Arapiraca Tobacconist at the Mercado Central in Belo Horizonte, Brazil knocked me out - no head spinning, hiccups, nausea or palpitations, just an overwhelming, irresistible need to sleep. "Lights out" for an hour in the middle of the day. And I have a very high nicotine tolerance. I did enjoy the smoke though. Too bad that it is not available outside of Brazil.
+1 for Tambolaka, Five Brothers, D&R Picayune, Cotton Boll, & Haddo's Delight (& most of the others listed, though I have not tried Condor or Warrior Plug)

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Well, several of the blends listed here have had me whimpering like a nic wuss: Old Joe Krantz, Big N' Burley, Billy Budd, PPP and Jack Knife Plug.
But 1792 Flake gave me an out-of-body experience. I was in my outdoor hammock. Just kicked back on a beautiful afternoon and began puffing without any thought of slowing down. Afterall, I had taken on some pretty big burleys and was still standing.
The Flake beat me like a bad bet. I got the sweats, the hic cups, nausea, then hurled and hurled some more. I went to bed. After I arose from the apparent dead, I hurled again.
I have never smoked that blend again. Nor will I ever.
I've smoked a pipe, never cigarettes, for almost 50 years. I thought I could handle anything. Goes to show that sometimes you bite off more than you can smoke.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I tell ya what, sometimes I feel the Vitamin N and other times with the same tobacco I don't. Another thing is there is a little difference in the type of feeling a particular nicotine head swim is brought on by a blend. Different batches of the same blend can do this too. Lately the green bag Condor has been the tobacco that has delivered the most pleasant experience. Some blends make me feel bad and others quite nice. At times I can get the Nic blast from a milder tobacco like Carter Hall or PS Lux Twist though. I cant figure it out specifically.
Anyone else like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.