PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
They looked like the cheerleaders from the Replacements, but not as nice. :LOL:
We met some of those girls. They filmed the game sequences at Ravens pre-season games during halftime (we all had to take off our purple and the CGI's the stadium seats. They weren't much prettier in person, but this is contrast to Dundalk fans, so the bar was low.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Love it! Buy the gear now, it won't be available for some reason in a year. When the Caps won, there weren't any nice polo shirts (I like embroidered logos) Just silk screen, they look cheesy, so I passed. They had a 2018 Stanley Cup Champions winter hat (needed here in MD). In June, I didn't think about it, in October, no longer available and I've never seen one. I've had an ebay search set, since 2018...I guess no one bought one.

A week after the Caps win, we were in Gulf Shores Alabama with my daughters family. Every evening, when going out for dinner, I had on a different Stanley Cup shirt. My son-in-law finally asked, how many did I have. Answer - a lot!

And, I've not been able to see another Cup since, so savor the win!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Ouch!!

At least when we win it will feel like we earned it, not beginners luck. ;)
Well, opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work ~ Thomas Edison, noted VGK fan and inventor of the light bulb.

I feel for teams that haven’t done anything for years and are so entrenched in their ways they hate newcomers and are so entrenched in their failure they toss around phrases like “beginners luck” and “rigged”

All I can say is this. The parade is Saturday night at 7pm on the Vegas Strip.

I guarantee it’ll go down in history.

• Haha
Reactions: Streeper541

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Enjoy that ride!

The nearby Hershey Bears (Capitals affiliate) are in the AHL Calder Cup finals. They lost the first two games by a combined score of 9 to zero, it didn't look good. They won Game 3 in OT and again last night, so the series is even. DC Sports is airing the games, and it's been pretty competitive hockey. Game 5 is at the Hershey Park Arena, I tried to get tickets, but they are sold out.

1686912522548.png

• Love

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I just hope the Conn Smythe doesn't end up on the Pass Line of a high-stakes crap table at the Aria, with #81 blowing on the dice yelling, "Come on, baby! Six the hard way!" (no, that's not code for anything)

Also hope those dudes all brought some layers. Down into the low 80s at night...nippy!