PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I don't see how the Habs/Sens is anywhere near an all-time memorable, we're talking a 100 years of hockey and though the series is definitely a good one, possibly the most exciting to watch in the playoffs so far, I don't know I'd say an all timer, IMO of course.
And the Bruins spanked the leafs at home :).

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
It has been a great playoffs so far and it'll only get better! My team (the Jets) didn't make it this year so I'm not really cheering for anyone. That said, I hope the Pens don't get anywhere near the finals!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Fleury is being sat for game five. He's made himself the Lou of the Eastern Conference. Choked last season in the playoffs and is doing it again this year. That whole team has fallen apart though.
I figured Boston would end up winning tonight. I think it's mostly lack of playoff experience. That team will be a force to reckon with for a while though. They have the foundation for something special.
So glad Vancouver got ousted, and in four games too! No offense to their fans but that is one team I absolutely despise. Btw I am a Bruins fan lol.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Why does this keep happening to my beloved team? We are like the Cubs of hockey (A horrible thing for me to say since I am from St. Louis) except that we make the playoffs almost every year. I am down on my knees praying we can pull out a win in LA to at least bring the series home. Let's go Blues... Please :crying:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Why does this keep happening to my beloved team?
Preach on brother. It's a quiet day in Leafsville today. Especially given the stat that shows that teams down 3:1 have only come back to win the series 10 times (out of 221) in NHL playoff history.
-- Pat

Wellington

Dec 31, 2012
@pruss
Preach on brother. It's a quiet day in Leafsville today. Especially given the stat that shows that teams down 3:1 have only come back to win the series 10 times (out of 221) in NHL playoff history.

I want to cackle seeing as I'm a Bruins fan, but I've learned the lesson of stats a few years ago against Phili in the second round of the playoffs. We were up 3-0 in the series and they came and won 4 straight (Krejci got injured 3rd game, big turn around). That had only happened 3 times in history I believe.

So even though we're up 3-1 against you guys, I know better than to sit back and relax at this point . . .

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Wish the Jackets would have made it in. I think it would have made a better series against the Hawks than the Wild (who slipped into the playoffs).
Next year should be interesting if Bob stays hot and we play like a team like we did this year.
Senators are doing very well!
Jason

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Loseth, the only thing the Leafs have going for them is that they are significantly faster than the Bruins. I don't see the Leafs taking the next three games in a row (this from a life time, but realistic Leafs fan). Boston hasn't looked great this series, but honestly I think they're just getting warmed up and the speed hasn't helped them. Next round I think Boston will be scary to play against if they stay healthy.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
@ loseth
Everything that Brian said... and the only way we win 3 in a row is if Reimer stands on his head three games in a row, and we all know those odds. I can hear the hand-wringing and apologists on the sports news stations already.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
As long as they aren't as bad as the Habs fans and media over the excuses then I'm ok with it. Simply put, the Bruins are better than the Leafs and I think everyone knows that there was no way Montreal was a "true" 2nd seed, they got hot and lucky and absolutely nobody was scared to play them in the first round.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
absolutely nobody was scared to play them in the first round.
My nephew's house-league team wasn't afraid to play them in the first round. At least, at the end of the season, we won't have a max dollar goalie with 9 years on a 12 year contract to unload.
-- Pat

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I can get TSN690 Montreal on my car radio here in Ottawa, and whenever I think I take hockey and the Sens too seriously I just turn that station on after a Habs loss.. Almost everything bad that happens to that team is treated as a personal affront to many of their fans. It's incredible. There's passion, and there's being irrational. Habs fans reside somewhere between the two most days.
I'm feeling pretty good myself today however... :wink:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I know, sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Soooooo glad they didn't go after Luongo, goaltending has not been an issue for the Leafs this series (a few soft goals, but honestly not why they're down 3-1)

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah Vancouver is out!! I hate Vancouver after the thrashing they got from boston, and then the riots after, and the fact they'd left the stadium and didn't even show any class and watch boston get the cup. It was a sore spot for Canada, and considering there were more Canadian players on the Bruins than not I think too. Now I hate Vancouver and am glad their out. I'm cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs this year, probably the Sens if the leafs get taken out. Any Canadian team but Vancouver I'm good.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
So glad Vancouver got ousted, and in four games too! No offense to their fans but that is one team I absolutely despise. Btw I am a Bruins fan lol.
-Solidarity brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.