PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
About 125,000 of my closest friends, but not me, went out to the first day of the NFL draft held in KC. This rivals watching paint dry for all the drama they normally contain. So, for no good reason I am watching on TV as they're doing their thing and I am wondering why have Chiefs up so they could get a decent pick. Then the cloud lifted from my eyes, and it dawned on me that the Chiefs wanted the last pick which would close the festivities for night. So, after waiting 4-hours it was the Chiefs turn. They pulled out all the stops for this baby. They Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce bring two of the three Lombardi trophies we have won. Then they had some no-name (to me at least) band playing some unknown rock song. Then after an extended period of foolish they finally got to it. Finally, outcomes Clark Hunt carrying the Lombardi trophy from this year's winning of the Super Bowl. He also introduced a family who had lost their father and husband in Afghanistan 2006. Then they announce our pick, and everyone goes home.

It marked first time in the thirteen or fourteen years of taking draft on the road that host team had ever done anything like this. But, I say, in our defense it was the first time that they had a host team win the super bowl and had the last pick in the first round. So, on twitter some jackleg is taking us all to task for this for treating this as a "Home Game". Everybody, except Chiefs fans could have left or turned off their TV's. So, what the hell?? I tell you some people will complain about anything.

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I feel that was admirable and they have a right to be proud of our service men and women, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice, so we could sit at home and be able to even have a forum. Unfortunately, people who complain are going to be around forever.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
When I hear about the draft I think about why I never got the football bug. I was five or six and asked my dad what the draft was as in the NFL draft and he told me about military drafts. So yeah I spent two years thinking that some of the players were being coerced into playing football under threat of jail time. Trust me that really ruins the whole thing. I didn't find out till I expressed confusion and a players celebration about getting drafted.