PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph05

Lurker
Oct 8, 2014
Hi,
I was wondering if any of you knows a good place online to get pipe tobacco within the New York area...I'm going there from Canada on Nov 7th and didn't know U.S had the same law as us which is cannot ship tobacco in other provinces. If you can let me know places online they would ship at my hotel in Syracuse New York, that would be awesome...Thanks

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum. Park Lane tobacco in Clifton Park, NY (Albany area). Is very good and their customer service is excellent.
http://www.parklanetobacconist.com/

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
If I remember right Cup o' Joes is up near St George Lake. Might make for a nice drive for you.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Just outside of Syracuse, in Liverpool is Keifers Cigar Store. Mostly cigars, but they do have some pipe tobacco.

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
As a New York resident, Park Lane and Cup O' Joe's are the only two shops we have left. Just out of curiosity, though, where did you hear your can't order from out of state?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo steph - Washington and a couple of other states do restrict mailing tobacco. But New York is fine. If you order from Smoking Pipes (South Carolina), Pipes and Cigars (formerly NY but now Pennsylvania), 4 Noggins (Vermont) or Mars Cigars (Pennsylvania), you can avoid the New York tax, which is something like 35%.
hp

les

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
"Jitt it is near Lake George, but it is closer to The boarder of Glenn Falls "
That's what I was thinking of, thanks bulldog! I stopped by there a few years ago (Glenn Falls) on the way up to Lake Placid. I completely forgot that Cup o Joes was there and didn't remember till I got back home.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
no problem jitt I go upstate allot to visit my uncles and cousins north of Lock, near Cortland, and will make a pitstop their sometimes, even though it is a little farther north

Aug 14, 2012
You can order fro out of state and SHOULD because of the 75% NYS tax rate. The best places are pipes and cigars, 4 noggins and smoking pipes.com.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
+1 for what froggy said. I order all my stuff from 4noggins, and every now and then will go to smoking pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.